Three years ago today, Mozz and I got married!

by Billygoat 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

Happy Anniversary!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Andi I remember looking at your wedding photos and thinking they were great. In fact I think aout your wedding almost every time I see you have posted. It was so beautiful. It looked like the ideal that so many people would want

Congrats to you and Mozz

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Oh ((( Andi ))) It sounds and looks like the perfect day for the perfect couple.

Hugs to you both on your anniversary!

Love

Brenda

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

((Andi))

Happy Anniversary!

-Doodle-V

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Happy Anniversary, ya old married lady.

• Princess
    Princess

Happy Anniversary Andi and Neil! Congrats! I can't believe it's been three years...

Rachel

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Happy anniversary. These are the stories that make up this community.

• horrible life
    horrible life

GermanXJW says

Happy anniversary. These are the stories that make up this community

I was just thinking this, but couldn't put it into words. We are a community. I would have been there, had I come to this wonderful "town", earlier. Happy Anniversary!!!!! I loved the pictures!!! I have never heard of the ribbons. Is it a Japaneese tradition? I am storing this away in my brain for my daughter. Thank you for sharing. HL

• Soledad
    Soledad

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ANDI AND MOZZ!!

5 years ago today, my husband and I also tied the knot!! Went to our wedding ceremony in a NYC yellow cab!! It was so much fun!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I think I could become a wedding junkie!!!!

Me too - it's part of why I love my job now. I'm a wedding photographer!

Traditional 3rd wedding anniversary gifts have a theme of Leather.

Wow Josie - I could have fun with this, couldn't I???

Happy Anniversary, ya old married lady.

Hey - I'll always be younger than you big brother!

I can't believe it's been three years...

I can't either Rachel! Time sure does fly when you're having fun. Or is it "getting older"? How's that saying go?

GermanXJW says

Happy anniversary. These are the stories that make up this community

I was just thinking this, but couldn't put it into words. We are a community. I would have been there, had I come to this wonderful "town", earlier. Happy Anniversary!!!!! I loved the pictures!!! I have never heard of the ribbons. Is it a Japaneese tradition? I am storing this away in my brain for my daughter. Thank you for sharing. HL

Horrible Life - This is exactly how I feel - it IS a community. And many here are my FAMILY!

The ribbons are actually a bridesmaid luncheon tradition. But since I didn't want to throw the bouquet at the reception, I thought it'd be fun to do it at the wedding. The point is for all the single girls to grab a ribbon and pull. There is a charm at the end of each ribbon that is supposed to be the next big "thing" to happen in there lives. An airplane means travel, a baby booty means pregnancy, a ring means engagement, etc. My girl friend Kim (who's in her 40's) grabbed a ribbon with a baby rattle (which also means a baby is coming) and she laughed, "Can I put this one back. I don't like it." LOL!

One of my favorite things about the ceremony...

Our pastor asked Neil and I to turn around and see all the wonderful guests behind us. And then he asked the guests something like, "As family and friends of Andi and Neil, it is your duty to do everything possible to assist them in making their marriage successful. To pray for, encourage, counsel, guide and love them as they would love each other. Will you please uphold that promise to them? If so, please say, 'I will'." And since none of my family were there (except my sweet Uncle Dad and his daughter) I saw Megadude, Valis, CSG, and COMF sitting on MY side of the row. Everyone in the audience said, "I will" in very loud voices, but I could really only see my favorite apostates in that front row.

It really was a wonderful day! And in spite of our "issues" we might have from time to time, I think we have a pretty good start to a solid marriage. We pray together everyday. We look to other long-time married couples as examples. We ALWAYS try to be KIND and GRACIOUS to each other, even for the simplest of things. And we try to out-do each other when it comes to serving one another - especially when we don't feel like doing it. It seems to bond us and always keeps us healthy emotionally. It has worked for us so far!

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit