Are You a Christian Because You Born in America?

by Shining One 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shining One
    Shining One

Follow this link and scroll down to the article, "Solid Ground". It explains the faulty logic of 'genetic fallacy'. Learn from this site how to defend your belief against the logical errors typically used to dismiss Christianity.
    http://www.str.org/index.htm
    Rex

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

Brother Greg Koukl

Branch Overseer

Brother Steve Wagner

Regular Pioneer

Brother Brett Kunkle

Ministerial Servant

Brother Alan Shlemon

Elder

hey! these guys look just like Jehovah's Witnesses when you add "brother" in front of their names!

too bad you have to subscribe to read the part you were talking about rex. i would have already, but i was subscribed to a CHRISTIAN cult for 20 years already. and thanks to Paul, the crazy old cult starter, now we have this web site for saying "who cares?" to the question: "would you be a muslim if born in a muslim country?"

ts

• Daunt
    Daunt

My real wonder through all of this is what logical fallacies do many people use to dismiss christianity? I know there are some but I would just like to know the ones that you see.

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hey Tetly,
    Which logical fallacy did you just use in that post....anyone care to point it out to our esteemed wise guy? I have seen you use the so many logical fallacies (in many ways) and that is one reason that I posted the link. Now, which hospital are you staying in and why do they let you use a computer? How do you type with a straitjacket on?
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hi Daunt,
    Please read some of the articles. They are much better at apologetics than I am.
    Rex

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

I notice there are no black brothers. Is that why you are called Shining One?

• Daunt
    Daunt

I've read most of the topic paragraphs and their bases for their apologetics in that article is laughable. The statements such as, "You believe in God because you need an emotional crutch," and, "You are pro-life because you are a man," is laughable. I will happily refute statements such as these. I would rather see a few real questions asked and answered that are not filled with simple criticisms that refuse to acknowledge the problems with the actual standpoints.

(edited to add) Right on Oldsoul!

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

I just read your creed, Shining One. For all your animus at jgnat, I thought your creed would surely support your venom. Wow! I was surprised! No wonder you didn't want her seeing your religion's creed.

http://www.str.org/index.htm

• Daunt
    Daunt

I think I like this site. The writing is quite well but I'm afraid it is suffering from it's own use of logical fallacies. Can share some if you want to hear it.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I am a full blown practitioner of Witchcraft, and I was born in the USA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit