if you love pit bulls or think you might

by kittyeatzjdubs 25 Replies latest jw friends

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

DISCLAIMER

first of all......let me start off by saying this. i am NOT intending in ANY WAY to start any arguments with this topic. i understand that some people do not like the breed and never will. i am merely posting this for people who are already lovers of the breed, (such as kwintestal and myself), and people who are interested.

I basically just wanted to post 2 sites that i found that are very interesting and informative.

1. www.badrap.org (Bay Area Doglovers Responsible About Pitbulls) There's a lot of good information and a lot of cute merchandise. check it out!

2. www.ATTS.org (American Temperment Testing Society) They grade dogs on their temperments. Pit bulls scored higher than a lot of other breeds. 83.4% I looked up more breeds on their site and found suprising stuff! Dogs that you think would be very even temperd are not. Some dachsund breeds only got a 66%, cocker spaniels 75% (i agree w/ this one, b/c i had to get stitches thanks to my moms) scottish terrier 65%...etc. just check it out. interesting stuff!

so please...if you're gonna hate...just don't do it here. i try to keep my trheads peaceful w/out a lot of drama. like i said before. this is just to inform those who already love PB's or are interested.

luv, jojo

• Dimples
    Dimples

Pit Bulls always seem to get a bad rap about attacking humans. I have never had a chance to personally get to know a pit bull ( guess I am a little scared ). I am sure there are just as many good pit bulls as there are bad ones. Is the way a pit bull turns out have to do a lot with how they are trained and cared for? The pic you posted is cute.

DIMPLES

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Phew - I thought it was going to be an 'anti' thread!!

Good on ya for posting positive info about pit bulls.

holding back further comments to avoid disturbing the peace

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    so please...if you're gonna hate...just don't do it here.

Damn, now you're spoiling my fun.

W *going off to sulk*

P.S. Cute pup!

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

It is that 17% of pit bulls that are not even tempered, that are the problem. Then you have a very efficient killer on your hands. With the size and strength to do massive damage. With an attitude similar to a grizzly bear if it decides to attack.

Outoftheorg

• horrible life
    horrible life

20 years ago, my step-daughter got a pit bull puppy. Took it to the vet for shots etc. The vet told her that this dog would be mean, knowing its parents, and to get rid of her. She couldn't. That dog was the sweetest dog, I have ever been around. Just call the vet, and ask him about Jade. He will tell you that he was wrong. He is still suprised. Had to put her down about 3 years ago. Good, Good, Dog. HL

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

nope nah nada ...dont like them dont even want to live next to one. too bad the family across the street just got a pit puppy. I'm not happy about it but it's not my choice.

Josie

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I don't see you on MSN anymore!

Neat stats! Surprising some of the dogs that are "family dogs" that scored low.

Kwin

• kazar
    kazar

I like all dogs--pit bulls included. It's too bad they have a bad reputation, but it is not their fault. It is the way they're trained.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

It's heartbreaking going on Petfinder and seeing all the pit bulls up for adoption. I'm just glad there're foster homes for them.

I hear pit bulls are more likely to display dog-dog aggression, as opposed to dog-human aggression. I've seen some real sweeties adopted out on the shows on Animal Planet.

From the pit bull discussions on Petfinder, there are some pit bulls that are vicious when trained that way but there are also some animals who are bred to be aggressive and aren't going to turn into lap warmers by any stretch of the imagination. Many pit bull lovers are very adamant in their posts that there is a definite genetic component that can't be ignored and they say they don't trust their pit bulls alone around other dogs. Then again, there are pit bull owners who've never separated their dogs and never had a problem. One sure way, though, to start a multi-page thread is to post that you want to put two female pit bulls together in the same house - the pit bull experts on the boards jump all over that and seem to consider anyone who does it as deserving of whatever disaster ensues.

Still, it seems they really have to be evaluated individually. One of my Dad's friends had a female pit bull who was a big [fear] barker who would urinate submissively whenever a stranger got too close. She was a big baby and adored my Dad. (A couple pieces of turkey bacon in the pocket didn't hurt either!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit