????????? why am i feeling this way????????

by kittyeatzjdubs 19 Replies latest jw friends

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i have wanted one thing for the past month or so...i don't know why i want this or what...but it's driving me crazy!!!! ok...ready?

i want to get pregnant......

i know that i have no business whatsoever having a child right now. i'm only 20, and i highly doubt that i'm anywhere close to being emotionally, financially, or mentally prepared for this. But yet i still wake up every day, wishing for morning sickness, weird cravings...anything to signal a pregnancy. WHY??? i see a pregnant lady walk by and i wish i were her. i want to experience giving birth. i see a couple pushing a baby in a stroller...i want to be them...

BUT I KNOW I DON'T NEED THIS RIGHT NOW!!!!

is my biological clock ticking? i thought that didn't happen till your late thirties...is this a phase that all women in their early 20's go through?

or am i just insane?

help

luv, jojo

• Legolas
    Legolas

LOL....Do you know anybody that has rowdy young kids? If you do, take them for a weekend or even a week and see how you get along!

If you don't know anybody with kids....Go to a local school and see if they have a 'baby' program that the teenagers have to take home for a weekend a computizered baby! I know alot of people have changed their minds or put having kids off when they seen the reality of it all!

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

I went through the same thing. I new logically I shouldn't but still WANTED it. I got pregnant at age 22. The second time I got prego I was 24 and I did it on purpose even though I was single mom and didn't NEED another child.

I psycho analyze myself alot and I think I may have wanted kids early because I was lonely. Not just for family but for unconditional love from someone. Also .. I may have been looking for a higher purpose for my life. It couldn't be going to a club to get drunk and seduce men. It couldn't be pioneering since I was having too many struggles w/ the JWs as it was. What greater acheivement then attempting to raise a wonderful person.

My only suggestion is to keep saying over and over again in your head that you can have kids but will choose to wait untill.. (list what you logically know you need to do). Get on the birth control shot that is good for 3 months at a time. Every time the Kid feeling creeps back in just keep saying it over and over again.

I hope this helps some.. I am here for you - to support you and whatever decision you make. But we all know emotions are hard to control and logic is the constant. ... Each decision has pros and cons.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

actually, it's normal to feel maternal type drives and instincts all through your twenties too. basically, this is the main period that women of our species have been giving birth for tens of thousands of years. and so they were more likely to pass on their genes, and guess what? you got them too.

another thought i had: are you getting along with your boy friend? i ask only because i have seen women try to get pregnant to save a relationship that was starting to crumble. it must be that feeling that if they are pregnant, then they are loved and feel secure. which could both be false.

my 2 cents.

hope you get over it. you have some good times ahead of you in your twenties. don't get pregnant.

cheers,

TS

• Soledad
    Soledad

Your "craving" to be pregnant is really a craving for something else.

What does a baby represent to you?

If I were you I would do what another poster has suggested earlier------spend a weekend with some kids, or better still go to a Planned Parenthood near you and talk things over with a conselour there.

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

Man.. getting prego to save the relationship.. ugh. I hope women aren't really doing this. I was accused of doing this with a guy that was just a ... well... fling i guess. I left him and a month later found out I was prego. I didn't want him at all!!! To me that is ego talking.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    or am i just insane?

Yup.

u/d(of the has 3...so far class)

• defd
    defd

i have wanted one thing for the past month or so...i don't know why i want this or what...but it's driving me crazy!!!! ; ok...ready?

i want to get pregnant......

That is because Jehovah made you with that desire plain and simple

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

WOW

thanks guys. ya'll are great

another thought i had: are you getting along with your boy friend? i ask only because i have seen women try to get pregnant to save a relationship that was starting to crumble. it must be that feeling that if they are pregnant, then they are loved and feel secure. which could both be false.

me and matt are doing great actually. as a matter of fact, we're going to gatlinburg, tn at the end of the week to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. i've hear of women doing that...and i watched my sister do it. i know it's the wrong answer. i've been witness to the whole thing backfiring. so no...that's not it.

after reading your responses, i've come to 2 conclusions....

maybe it's the whole evolutionary thing like tetrapod said...or maybe it's loneliness like rayvin said. my family has cut me off pretty much.

i just keep reminding myself that i could hardly get out of bed at 4 am when we were housetraining our puppy. i don't need a kid.

thanks again guys!

luv, jojo

• upside/down
    upside/down
    because Jehovah made you with that desire

So...it IS his fault!

I knew it...

u/d(of the full of desires class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit