IS AIDS AIRBORNE??( AND OTHER CONCERNS BASED ON SUNDAY WT.)

by stillAwitness 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

sorry Derrick but you have no control over if I laugh at you and your comment...if you take that to be rude so be it

Josie

• defd
    defd

I know several elders who will tell you that you can get AIDS from touching the doorknob after a person with AIDS has touched it.

Blondie what if a person with aids touched a door knob and on the hand he used to grab the knob had a boo boo. A scratch that had blood on it? Then someone comes behind him and grabs the knob with the blood on it and then rubs his mouth or picks his teeth with that same hand? Far fetched? ya! Possibility? ya! Is that what the elder meant, who knows! But it IS possible right?

• Scully
    Scully
    Soon her health failed and she was hospitalized with AIDS. Sonia relates: "The hospital staff did their best but they were few in numbers. Volunteers from the congregation were called on to take care of her needs at the hospital... The doctor in charge said: "Out biggest problem if that even relatives often abandon family memeber when they know they have AIDS. Why do you who are not related...agree to put yourself at risk? HUH? AIDS is not airborne?? Only way she would be putting herself at risk is if she was giving the woman her daily shots or they were having some lesbain affair or something. and our d ear ol' Sister Sphie continues:"I expalined that to me. Heidi was my sister...I found it a pleasure to take care of her." Incidentally, Sonia suffered no ill effects from her loving efforts to care for Heidi. There it is again??? How would she of possibly "suffered ill effects" from taking care of an AIDS patient? She was just there to give her company and the aritcle even explained that she slept on a mat. Can someone explain this? Maybe I missed something. Cause I thought again, AIDS was Not an airborne diesease?? I was especaiily interested in what comments would be made.

Actually, the article says nothing about AIDS/HIV being airborne. IT ISN'T. What they are highlighting is the cultural practice in Africa of abandoning sick and dying women. This is one way that women are treated like property in many Third World countries - once they can no longer maintain the home, cook, bear children - they are thrown away like garbage.

The WTS is trying to show its "humane" face in this experience, by boasting about how the JWs volunteered to take care of someone that nobody else wanted anymore. This poor dying woman's only source of company came only because she was being "love bombed" by the local JWs.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    How can't I catch AIDS?

You can't catch it from normal, everyday contact with someone who has it. The AIDS virus is not airborne, so it is not dangerous to live in the same house or be in the same classroom or day care center or office with someone who has the disease. In the United States, no family members living with someone who has AIDS, no children in school with someone who has AIDS, and no coworkers working with someone who has AIDS have been infected through casual contact.

You cannot pick up AIDS from a doorknob, a telephone receiver, or a toilet seat. If someone with AIDS sits next to you or coughs or sneezes on you, you are not at risk. If you bump into someone with AIDS in a locker room or gym, you will not be infected. You cannot catch AIDS from someone's perspiration, urine, saliva, or tears. Small amounts of the virus have been found in tears and saliva, but there are no known cases of the virus being transmitted this way. It's probably a bad idea to share razors or toothbrushes, which might have tiny specks of blood on them. Wear rubber gloves to clean up feces or vomit, which may contain small amounts of blood.

AIDS is not spread in food or drink, so it is safe to share a meal and utensils with a friend who has AIDS. You can eat off the same plate, or even drink from the same glass or pass a can of soda back and forth. Using the same water fountain, comb, hairbrush, toothpaste, money, books, computer, or any school or office equipment is quite safe. So is swimming in a public pool, sitting in a hot tub or steam room, or sharing a shower. You can share a towel or sheets or a sleeping bag. You can play games or sports with someone who has AIDS just as you can with any other friends.

You can't catch AIDS from pets or farm animals, and they cannot catch AIDS from people. Rats, mice, or mosquitos don't spread AIDS. Neither do fleas, lice, bed bugs, or any other insects.

http://www.teachervision.fen.com/page/30332.html

• kid-A
    kid-A

1) It would have to be a huge amount of FRESH blood on that door-knob in order to have enough 'viral load' for effective transmission

2) It would require the person in contact with the door-knob to have a fresh, OPEN wound for the viral particles to enter the bloodstream.

3) It would all have to occur within 15 minutes since the HIV virus dies within 15 minutes following exposure to open air.

Possible? Yes. Its also possible to find a shark in my bathtub, but I dont think its gonna happen.....

• defd
    defd

Scully i was making reference to this staement made by ff

HUH? AIDS is not airborne?? Only way she would be putting herself at risk is if she was giving the woman her daily shots or they were having some lesbain affair or something. and our d ; ear ol' Sister Sphie continues:"I expalined that to me. Heidi was my sister...I found it a pleasure to take care of her." Incidentally, Sonia suffered no ill effects from her loving efforts to care for Heidi. There it is again??? How would she of possibly "suffered ill effects" from taking care of an AIDS patient? She was just there to give her company and the aritcle even explained that she slept on a mat. Can someone explain this?

He goes on to say Only way she would be putting herself at risk is if she was giving the woman her daily shots or they were having some lesbain affair or something. There it is again??? How would she of possibly "suffered ill effects" from taking care of an AIDS patient? She was just there to give her company and the aritcle even explained that she slept on a mat.Can someone explain this?

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I understand that Scully but still even at the end of the story the WT still stresses the fact that the sister did not catch any illnesses from taking care of the dying sister. If all they were trying to do was stress how the sister was so loving and caring why even mention that closing statement? It should be irrelevant that she did not get sick from the sister because as we all know she can't.

• damselfly
    damselfly

How long does the virus live outside the body?

HIV is a very fragile virus outside of the body. The HIV virus needs the human body as its host. The life span of HIV outside of the body has not been determined. However, we know that HIV needs its host cell (a human), the body temperature, and the chemistry of the blood to survive. Out of the body, HIV is out of its environment. As the blood dries, the HIV will die. In areas like a syringe or on a razor in a medicine cabinet, HIV would probably live longer because of less airflow and it's a more moist temperature controlled area.

Just remember, outside of the body HIV can't survive. In minutes it will die and be harmless

www.afanlv.org/hiv_aids_101.asp

Dams

• defd
    defd

It should be irrelevant that she did not get sick from the sister because as we all know she can't.

That is where you are wrong my friend. A person CAN!

• damselfly
    damselfly
    That is where you are wrong my friend. A person CAN!

Could you please explain this? I am not understanding how this could happen?

Dams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit