IS AIDS AIRBORNE??( AND OTHER CONCERNS BASED ON SUNDAY WT.)

by stillAwitness 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

O.K so now I I have learned that there is the possibility that she could of contracted the virus. But the odds are very very slim right? I mean I still don't get it. Why mention it? I've known HiV postitve people in the past and reading that only lead me to think that maybe I put myself at risk by being around them.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Maybe they were stressing that she didn't get sick as a means of reassurance that JW's shouldn't be afraid to care for those who are sick?

Just guessing here, I think the whole article is ridiculus and I personally volunteer to teach the GB all about HIV and AIDS.

Dams

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Yeah. it was a weird section in the study article. Whatever. They've all gone mad anyway.

• Scully
    Scully

HIV is a very wimpy virus. It cannot survive for very long [15 minutes is the accepted lifespan] outside of a host.

Other organisms like MRSA and VRE (also known as "superbugs" due to their resistance to antibiotics) require far more stringent isolation precautions, because these organisms are hardier and survive quite a long time outside of the body, and can be transmitted by contact with contaminated surfaces.

You'd definitely want to have gloves, eye protection and gowns if you were handling body fluids of an HIV postive or AIDS patient. But hugging, shaking hands or being in close proximity to these patients are very LOW RISK activities.

• defd
    defd

Dams does a person with aids get bedridden and sick? What kind of illness does the aids patient catch? a cold, the flu high fevers ect...... Can someone not catch those types of illness from the aids patient?

• Scully
    Scully

defd:

does a person with aids get bedridden and sick? What kind of illness does the aids patient catch? a cold, the flu high fevers ect...... Can someone not catch those types of illness from the aids patient?

Sometimes the first indication that a person has AIDS is a chronic yeast infection. Everyone has a complement of candida albicans as part of their normal flora. The person with AIDS does not have the immune capacity to keep the normal levels from growing out of control. People with AIDS can also contract illnesses that people with healthy immune systems have already developed an immunity against. They can get chicken pox, and a common cold can turn into a life-threatening case of pneumonia very rapidly with a compromised immune system.

Cancer patients, whose immune system has been compromised by chemotherapy, are likewise very fragile immunologically speaking.

These people are more at risk from something we might give them, than we might be at risk from them.

• damselfly
    damselfly

If the WTS was trying to protect their members from catching a cold or the flu fom a patient with AIDS and that is the reason for the "precautions", then by that reasoning a person without the HIV/AIDS virus but who does have a cold or the flu should avoid "contaminating" their brothers and sisters at the meetings? So it would be wrong for me if I had a cold to attend the bookstudy in someones home but it would be okay to attend the kingdom hall?

It's okay to say you were wrong you know.

Dams

• blondie
    blondie

I might bring out too that in many African hospitals, family and friends have to do the daily care of family and friends, keeping them clean, changing bedding, feeding them (bringing and cooking the food as well). I wonder if this sister did that (as I mentioned in my review).

A visit to a hospital in Africa for non-whites is not like a visit to a hospital in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, France, Germany, etc. They don't have the equipment or medical items we take for granted.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, my African girlfriend's visit to a refugee's hospital nearly killed her. She went there to deliver her son. The attendants were inept, and caused her to hemhorrage. They then tried to extort her to pay for her care at the hospital. She had nothing. So they left her.

Before she died of thirst, she was able to make it to the compound to get herself some water.

I am happy to report both she and her baby survived. She is a social worker in northern Alberta, and her son is a young man. Not for anything they did for her at the "hospital". This is why an African, surrounded by family or friends, is more likely to survive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit