"Grateful for God's Protection"

by Scully 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• follow the leader, cowards
    follow the leader, cowards

lol LMAO...your all funny people. I will side with one comment. "common sense"!!!!!!Look at what actualy happens around the world. Series of random events. Why is a natural disater gods doing.? Why can't it just happen due to warm waters and Coriolis effect? A few of you mentioned luck, i bet a hurricane formation has more to do with luck than gods hand. Ask the people in Sir Lanka if their natrual distaster was god sent.

• ballistic
    ballistic

FTLC, there's a few JW's on the board but we're mainly people who left the JWs re: your earlier coment.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Good thread.

Tomorrow I shall attend church and worship Tetrapod's appendix....btw, I think we should capitalize that...Appendix....there, that's better.

And since my daughter is home from college this weekend, I will make it a point to sit her down and tell her to beware of girls' changing rooms, to prevent possible lesbian encounters.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

TS and runningman:

You're comments about appendixes, lesbianism, and pocket watches have proved to me most thought provoking, loving and refreshing. I too am thankful to TS’s appendix for creating such a wise and loving organization in which I can find protection from natural disasters.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

my fellow brothers and sisters:

can you feel my appendix in your heart?

...and my hand in your pocket? he he he...

Sincerely,

Tetragod

• kid-A
    kid-A

Job had his oxen and camels stolen,sheep burned from the sky, and family killed in an unfortunate structural failure of the oldest brothers house. first thing Job does is he gets down on his knees and praises God (Job 1:13-21)

Ah yes, another one of gods "blessed imbeciles".......Praise god? I would have kicked him in the arse.

• poppers
    poppers

Minds NEED answers to everything, and when what can't be answered rationally beliefs exert their influence. The most stubborn belief is in the "me" who can create a "god" that can answer for all of those things which can't be rationally accounted for.

• Gill
    Gill

Apparantly, according to JWs that i know, 'good things happen to those who trust in Jehovah, and only those who call on the name Jehovah will be saved!'

Now, doesn't that explain it all?! (Where they get that reasoning from when they're usually in shit up to their eyeballs, in one way or another) I have NO idea!

• Caedes
    Caedes

I think we all should bow our heads in prayer for ts' holy Appendix.

• Fleur
    Fleur
    Once it was over I thanked each and every deity I could think of----Jehovah, Budda, Krishna, Satan------you name the god, I made sure that I thanked them personally!

That made me think of Homer Simpson saying "Jesus, Allah, Budda, I love you all!"

Scully, I cannot tell you how this bugs the living hell out of me. I have by and large left all the forums/discussion boards/lists I have been on eventually because once this type of religious delusion rears it's ugly head it's all downhill from there. I just can't seem to escape it.

People think they're so frigging special. Tell me why little children drown in Katrina then. God picks and chooses?

But then...the God of the bible is the same one that told his warriors at several occaisions to go in and kill children and old people and 'virgins' all...and not to feel sorry.

Not the kind of 'loving' god I want to worship! No wonder the theory of a deity at all of any kind does not appeal to me in the least. edit to add: this is one of the best quotes I've read in awhile: "Blech. You just can't fix dumb. " ROFLMAO! If I were going to worship (aside from glorious divinity that is TS's appendix: praise be!) I'd go with this.

love ya,

essie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit