HELP!!- JT asked to become a MASON!

by JT 64 Replies latest jw friends

• TheHighPriest
    TheHighPriest

No worries Susan, some of the stuff that has been found out in the last few years is just mind blowing.
    The one thing that has struck me is that when someone say's look they are pretending to be christian it is really the other way around except they don't know it because the church has always been secretive of their own origin.

Eyebrow, thanks for your comment's

THP

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

My MS father is a Mason, Master Mason (3rd degree) I believe although honestly I'm not sure about their little levels and all. Doesn't seem to bother the elders, so what do I care.

When I was little (under 5) I witnessed quite a lot of their rituals. Some were so bizarre that I am hesitant to talk about, as it would sound like I've gone off the deep end. But I will tell you about one.

I remember a man dressed all in black with white gloves and a big, black hat. I think he was also wearing a whit apron, although I'm not certain about that detail. He was talking to another man who was dressed in regular clothes. Around them were several other men, who were also dressed in black. After he finished talking, the man in regular clothes got on his knees and looked up at the man in black who took a knife and cut his throat. I saw the blood and screamed. The man in black saw me, pointed at me and screamed, "YOU!"

I ran away to hide. I remember my father came and found me. He had a strange and creepy smile as he picked me up and carried me back to the room where everyone else was. The man in regular clothes was laid out on a low table so that his head was about my height. My father pushed me close and I noticed the blood from a tiny cut on his neck. I was staring at his face when suddenly he turned his head, opened his eyes and yelled at me.

I don't remember what happened after that.

It was only many years later that I was doing research into my memories, that I interviewed a former Mason who told me what I saw was an initiation ritual. Evidently one must swear allegiance to Masonry on pain of having your throat slit and your intestines cut out and slung over your left shoulder. This is re-enacted to enforce silence, and that is what I saw. He told me that when they "cut" the throat, it is a very slight cut, much like one get whilst shaving.

He also told me that in his area they would dressed up children in sheep's wool as part of the initiation. He was it was not uncommon to have children involved, or used, or frightened during various rituals.

I don't know if they are satanic, out to throw over the government or controlled by UFOs. I only know what I saw and experienced.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Don't fool yourself into believing one thing ahead of the next.

Been there done that; even for the sake of loved ones.

All religions are a waste of time; do not let emotion get in your way, man.

• gumby
    gumby

I was a mason for awhile.....my hands got so dried out from all the morter it was awful! Plus it's hard on your back.

Gumby

( if you find it's it's really the truth JT.....I want in! )

• talesin
    talesin

Big Tex

holy smoke!

That's the first 'real' information I have heard on Masons (ie, an eye-witness account). You have lots of courage. Thank you for sharing, man. It's a good thing to do; secrets can be so destructive, especially when they are wrapped up in little kids' heads.

Cheers to ya!!!

tal

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

My Grandfather Anderson was involded with the Masons and so is my Uncle Scott. My Grandfather is no longer alive. My Uncle is, but I have never had the courage to ask him about it.

The odd thing is, he got into it though his pastor at the Lutheran Church.

I thought this wa interesting. I was looking for a site on North Carolina Masons, since this is where my Uncle lives and I found on the site that they have a list of famous Masons.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm not sure that joining the Masons would be a bad thing. For one thing, it would scare the stuffing out of any active JWs who heard that you had "crossed over."

Of course, this thread is about 2 years old and I doubt if JT will change his mind now, but I figure the Mason's could not be nearly as bad as the Dubs, and here's why - the Dubs had people do everything they could to AVOID any sort of worldy success, and the Masons are a fraternal organization dedicated to helping their members succeed. So what if they dress up in costumes and act out little psychodramas? We know there is no invisible spirit realm inhabited by any sort of metaphysical supernatural beings - everything comes from within our minds. If you want to try it, go ahead - no harm done. If it's not your cup of tea, fine - no harm done.

Do as thou wilt. If the WTS said it was bad - it probably isn't. Don't let the old Watchtower memes rule your decisions.

• Panda
    Panda

JT - the founding fathers (brothers) of America were mostly Mason's and Unitarian in belief. George Washington and others had Masonic rites funerals (they wore the aprons and everything). Historians have written quite a lot about Masonic rites and US presidents and writers of the Constitutuon. Mainly, all very positive about their qualities etc. Washington, unlike Jefferson(wrote in Notes on the State of Vrginia that blacks were inferior) and Madison believed that the situation of black slaves was due to environment not nature; and that eventual emancipation and amalgamation would prove him right. He included in his will that his estate be sold off in pieces and given to his freed slaves. He believed this would be a model for other Virginians to follow. He attempted to address the First American's who had disagreements w/ whites expanding settlement in America. So historians look at actions to decide if GW walked the walk as well as talked the talk.

All in All, I wouldn't compare Masons with WTS. I think that the Masons were started as a way to survive in the early days of the Enlightenment in Europe. Many secret societies evoloved earlier in the 14 century and some like Masons were resurrected and continued. Every artisan group had a society with secrets of their own. The wool dyers and weavers had secret rites and handsignals. Mainly to protect the "secrets of the trade". Even artisits like Michelangelo had secrets for mixing their paints and which brushes were best etc. When men started their knitting guild the secrets were about stitch patterns. AND Masons were a guild originally.

My brother dated a daughter of the eastern star, they were even engaged for awhile and her family totally embraced him and it was nothing like a dub family would react. I would say that the Knights of Columbus was the Catholic answer to the Masons. But thats my opinion.

I don't know. I'm a lifetime member of Girl Scouts of America. My troop says the girl scout pledge and the pledge of allegiance. There are special hand signals and even special friendship circles and stuff like that. Are girl scouts a cult? No. So maybe Masons buy stuff from one another. I grew up on the east ciast where the Irish bought from Irish, Italians bought from Italians, so what?

And what about that Skull and Bones Club at Yale? Probably a collegiate form of Masonic rites. I don't think Masons break up families, or preach that only Masons will be saved.

If you want to do good in your community you don't have to be a Mason, but with your uncle you might enjoy the club. I hope no one on this board will disuade or condemn you if you decide to become a mason. Just like no one tries to dissuade those who have become Catholic or Baptist or atheist. Be happy with your own choices and decisons.

Panda Hugs JT and Mrs.JT

• Panda
    Panda

Hey , WILDHORSES that's a neat list! And none of those famous people kept their masoness a secret. Although some like Anfrew Jackson and Rudyard Kipling were very racist.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Supposedly Mozart revealed Masonic secrets in his opera, "The Magic Flute" and the theory goes that the Masons killed him for it.

Don't know if I believe it, but does make for some interesting speculation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit