I WON! ~Reader's Digest Sweepstakes!

by bikerchic 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Actually, when you position the nice, helpful, down to earth style of the writing in their mags beside the deceptive prizes program, it suggests that satan the devil there is a very clever scammer somewhere in the readers digest corp. Unfortunately, this deception has been adopted as the corporate policy. It must be a huge money maker.

S

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

but Legolas:

I know how the scam works and I don't fall victim to it. I enter and I NEVER order anything all it costs me is a postage stamp. I've done it for years. But are you saying that if you don't buy anything you are not going into the drawing with those who do?
    Of course I wasn't privy to that info.....But I have my opinions!

Do you know if the entries of those who don't purchase anything actually go into the drawing with those who do buy something?

I'm such a sucker for contest!

searcher!!!!

Hi hun! It's good to see you in rare form as usual:

Run by the WTBTS?

SOON !!! hehehe

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

Remember, you can't win a contest you don't enter. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying, especially if they are the ones running the contest.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Sorry Bikerchic....like I said I don't know for sure...but I DO know how they run nearly everthing else so IMHO they are trashed, but every now and then someone who doesn't order probably gets something so that they can come back and say..."See so and didn't order, and they won!'

• onacruse
    onacruse

My wifey!

Just show me the money, babe...just show me the money!!! LOL

• I quit!
    I quit!

Very good info Legolas. People need to hear this sort of thing. There are a lot of people trying to clean out your wallet. As you said the elderly are quite often the targets of these schemes. I became facinated with this sort of thing after I left the WT. I think because I saw similar technics used to deceive people. I think the first rule to remember is that if you've won something you'rve won something. You shouldn't have to hand them money for any reason and you shouldn't need to buy anything else. I just tell them thank you now send me my prize. If they tell you you need to buy something else just tell them when you send me all the money I've won I'll buy ten subscriptions or whatever it is they want you to get. I once went a seminar in Nevada where they were trying to get us to buy a lot in the desert. They painted a picture of how there was no more land available in NV. The gov owned almost all of the land. This was last chance. I told my wife I didn't believe them but everything they said sounded right. I was amazed at how convincing they were. When I told them I didn't buy anything on the spot and that I would need time to think about it and asked for a business card. They told me I couldn't get a card and that I had to make the decision right away so we walked. After we left we did a little investigation on the area they were trying to get us to buy into. They wanted about $12,000 for a lot. Looking through the paper I found that at that time for $12,000 you could by acres of land in the part of Nevada they talking about.

A few months ago I read Pozi's Scheme by Mitchell Zuckoff. It is a great book. What I got out of reading it was that Pozi ripped thousands of people off yet he was a person you would probably would have liked. He was deceiving his investors by spending their money yet he seemed to really want to make his scheme work for them. He just couldn't figure out how to do it so he kept taking and spending their money. Now if a nice guy can rip people off like that you can only imagine how the bad ones are.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I had two good friends of mine who won a sweepstakes prize, I think it was Reader's Digest but I'm not sure. Anyway, they won a big vacation to Europe and I remember they had a grand time going to England, France, Italy, Greece, etc. tho it was just too much traveling and sightseeing all packed together in a short space of time.

• Es
    Es

yes i was another victim i did it for years and never won a bloody thing. Its all a scam

es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit