I WON! ~Reader's Digest Sweepstakes!

by bikerchic 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

Scully not ALL come with YES and NO envolopes, but most do!

If I had even a penny for every time I was told off...I would have had MANY bills paid off!

Ok....Now don't get me wrong ..someone will win, I mean they have to or the government would be on them quicker then white on rice!

The scam part is them saying that you have to order this and that to go on to the next stage or for a different prise! THAT is all BULL!

I had to talk with lawyers, Financial Advisers, Bankruptcies-Trustees and I could have and nearly did cry on the phone to these people because of the state that people had gotting themselves into with this SCAM!

Some of their accounts were nearly $50,000 in dept, WHY...because they were told that they had to keep ordering stuff over the 16-18 month period of the Sweepstakes! Imagine ordering that many books and music stuff! But the way it is all worded makes them believe that they have won or it is between only 3 people, them being one of them!

The elderly are hit the hardest! I am not kidding I felt like throwing up because of most that was going on! Most younger people catch on after a short time, thats when I would get the calls and be told off!

Bills were going out to dead people,... bills were going out to people who never ordered anything, ....bills were going out to people who the year BEFORE they ordered the mag as a xmas or Bday gift now they were being billed for the next year...BUT keep in mind we had ALREADY SENT OUT THE MAG with a note of the "Gift" again....So they pretty much had to pay for it or look like a fool and idiot to the people the mag went to!

When it came to people saying 'take mine name OFF your list.....We were really not allowed to, we had different settings on the computer and one was to take them off for good,(Which I did and got in trouble for) but the other was that stuff would just stop for a short ammount of time, a year I think!

Oh gawd there is more I just can't type as fast as I can think, then I lose my thought!

If I think of more I will tell you!

• Emma
    Emma

...erm, next best thing to a Kingdumb Melodies tape.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

HAHA Emma, we call them Kingdumb Melodies downunder too! It must be the "universal language"!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

The lucky winner of the CD is........

pr_capone! I'll send it out asap, enjoy!

Legolas:

I know how the scam works and I don't fall victim to it. I enter and I NEVER order anything all it costs me is a postage stamp. I've done it for years. But are you saying that if you don't buy anything you are not going into the drawing with those who do?

• jgnat
    jgnat

I remember when my children were in their early teens, I received a breathless call at work from my daughter. "Mom, I think you should come home right away. I think we just won A MILLION DOLLARS!"

We still laugh about it.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    I remember when my children were in their early teens, I received a breathless call at work from my daughter. "Mom, I think you should come home right away. I think we just won A MILLION DOLLARS!"

Hi Mom!

I actually thought that I won the first time I got my sweepstakes entry, don't laugh I was only 17!I'm just glad I didn't go out and start spending the money, now that would be really dumb!

• jgnat
    jgnat

It's happened! These scams sweep in the functionally illiterate, the vulnerable, the hopeful, seniors, and immigrants. Sound familiar?

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6082875/#storyContinued

• searcher
    searcher
    • she's in the running

• about to win

• whats your bank account so we can direct credit your winnings?

• it's nearly there

• are you ready?

• coming soon

etc etc ad nauseum

Run by the WTBTS?

SOON !!! hehehe

*edited cos my keyboard cant spell.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Holy Sh*t and Hot Damned! She steaming kind.

Biker that is sooooo funny!

I wonder if they knew you needed to be "saved"?

JK

• Legolas
    Legolas
    I know how the scam works and I don't fall victim to it. I enter and I NEVER order anything all it costs me is a postage stamp. I've done it for years. But are you saying that if you don't buy anything you are not going into the drawing with those who do?

Of course I wasn't privy to that info.....But I have my opinions!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit