I WON! ~Reader's Digest Sweepstakes!

by bikerchic 27 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

......entry deadline, whipdedoo!

Well I hardly ever win anything so it was a bit exciting to receive a package stating I had won the fastest return to the Reader's Digest Sweepstakes bonus prize!

.......okay so here is where it gets ugly...it was a CD of Inspirational Melodies! All religious stuff so anyone who would like me to send you this CD unwrapped, not listened to, yes it's a virgin CD... Be the first one to send me your name and address where I can send it and it's yours!

Some of the selections are:

Be thou my vision, Lord, I lift your name on high, It's well with my soul.....ok you get it eh? Religious stuff which I'm totally not into but if it's your game it's your CD! My pleasure!

Hey I love sharing the wealth!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

ROFL with that kinda luck you better stay the heck away from the lottery or las vegas lmao

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

You have a PM!

Thanks!!!

Kansas District Overbeer

• Legolas
    Legolas

Bikerchic....I used to work for Readers Digest!

It Is All A Scam!

For more info just ask!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Tell us more, Legolas!

Mrs Ozzie's mailbox is visited nearly every day by snail-mail from Readers Digest telling her:

• she's in the running
    • about to win
    • whats your bank account so we can direct credit your winnings?
    • it's nearly there
    • are you ready?
    • coming soon

etc etc ad nauseum

I used to take it seriously but these past couple of years the stuff goes straight in the WPB

I'm right aren't I? I told her it's a hoax.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Ok Ozzie I have to go and dry my hair ...I will be back in 15 minutes!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    okay so here is where it gets ugly...it was a CD of Inspirational Melodies! All religious stuff so anyone who would like me to send you this CD unwrapped, not listened to, yes it's a virgin CD...

I usually take stuff like this to a used CD store, and get credit toward the purchase of something good. Last year at my Christmas party, I ended up getting a two DVD set of Yoga. I have no interest in it, so I took it down to a used CD and DVD store. I got $4 in credit. I used that $4 to buy a Whitesnake CD. I was much happier!

• Scully
    Scully

Ozzie

I don't know if it's the same in Australia, but in Canada each of those Readers Digest packages come with two envelopes, the first one bearing a post office box number, specifically for people who are ordering their stuff, and the second one bearing a different post office box number, specifically for people who are NOT ordering their stuff.

I honestly think that the second lot goes directly to the trash bin.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Worthless Priceless.

S

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Oooh! Ooooh! Me! Send it to me! I LOVE that stuff!

Name/Address:

Don Adams
    25 Columbia Hts
    Brooklyn, NY

You might wanna add "Attn: Writing Dept", those guys need a little inspiration.

Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit