Paradise Lost Paradise Regained / The Terror Pages

by prophecor 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• prophecor
    prophecor

Did those pictures of people jumping outta' thier graves not scare the $#!+ outta' you?

• horrible life
    horrible life

No. I don't know why. I remember especially the one where the earth had opened up, and was swallowing people, and cars. I just thought that was a mighty big hole. Why didn't it scare me? It should have. That was their intent wasn't it?????

Maybe I knew the "truth" as a 10 year old. HL

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I still have stinking nightmares once in a while about the earth opening up, concentration camps, persecution. I have it all straightened out in my mind in the awake world, but in my sleep, those pics still do a number on me.

• onacruse
    onacruse

I remember studying the Paradise book with families, with their children, sitting around the dining room table, and looking, describing in detail, those very pictures, as if it was nothing more, or less, than Predator.

To this day, I can't understand how I could have been so insensitive.

otoh...

Craig

• prophecor
    prophecor

Thanks everyone for your responses, but are we all on the same page here? The book was a book that came out in the late 50's early 60's. Peach in color, around the same size as the " Live Forever " book. On the inside cover was a picture of people being resurrected from the graves, litterally coming out of thier caskets and graves. It used to freak me the ef out!!! We weren't witnesses then, my father used to study with them when we were kids. That book hung around our house for years and gave me the creeps. I was always affraid of dying as a child as I was an asthmatic. Those photos I wonder if they had anything to do with my fear, as well?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Um...I don't remember anything scary about the resurrection pics. Surely it pales compared to the Armageddon pics which I remember studying every detail to learn what it was going to be like. Girl with doll going into chasm. People swallowed up to their necks in the streets with high rises falling on top of them. Nice stuff like that.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

I have this publication, I can scan some of the pics if anyone wants to see them.

-Eduardo

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i remember sitting on my dads lap 5 or 6 yrs old and looking at one particular pic of a little girl and a bicycle falling into a pit.. and asking him " daddy! Jehovah kills little girls!?"

i dont remember his reply( i used to remember but i'm sleepy right now), i do however, remember the horror i felt from that pic and i had nightmares for years.

heres a thread i started about this subject about a year ago. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/79659/1293716/post.ashx#1293716

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Oroborus, could you do a scan for me? Page 114 paragraph 4 is what I need. It includes the quote;
    "Thus saith Jehovah of hosts.................After seventy years are accomplished for Babylon, I will visit you..."

Thanks.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

[edited by request of poster]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit