Where do you consider would be the best place in the world to live?

by JH 29 Replies latest jw friends

• thom
    thom

I love it here in AZ. I moved away for 10 years then came back. I think I'll stay right here in my house:

• JH
    JH

Nice picture thom, looks hot out there in Arizona

• upside/down
    upside/down

Bloom where you're planted...

I always say...

u/d

• jgnat
    jgnat

I took a survey to find our "ideal spot" and guess what? We're in it! Both hubby and I like it cool. Now, if only we could import a national baseball league...

Here's the test, it's fun. It asks for address information at the end, I filled in bogus stuff and I still got my result back.

http://www.findyourspot.com/

This list says Ireland:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4020523.stm

• jgnat
    jgnat

Determinants of quality of life

http://www.economist.com/theworldin/international/displayStory.cfm?story_id=3372495&d=2005

The nine quality-of-life factors, and the indicators used to represent these factors, are:

Material wellbeing

gdp
    per person, at ppp in $. Source: Economist Intelligence Unit

Health

Life expectancy at birth, years. Source:
    us Census Bureau

Political stability and security

Political stability and security ratings. Source: Economist Intelligence Unit

Family life

Divorce rate (per 1,000 population), converted into index of 1 (lowest divorce rates) to 5 (highest). Sources:
    un ; Euromonitor

Community life

Dummy variable taking value 1 if country has either high rate of church attendance or trade-union membership; zero otherwise. Sources: ilo; World Values Survey

Climate and geography

Latitude, to distinguish between warmer and colder climes. Source:
    cia World Factbook

Job security

Unemployment rate, %. Sources: Economist Intelligence Unit;
    ilo .

Political freedom

Average of indices of political and civil liberties. Scale of 1 (completely free) to 7 (unfree). Source: Freedom House

Gender equality

Ratio of average male and female earnings, latest available data. Source:
    undp Human Development Report

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote:
    I think I'll stay right here in my house:

I guess the FOR SALE sign is attached to the rear bumper of the red car huh?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Southern New Hampshire.

DY

• thom
    thom

garybuss: That pic was taken when I bought the house. It's not for sale now :)

• garybuss
    garybuss

garybuss: That pic was taken when I bought the house. It's not for sale now :)
    Hahaha!! Well I couldn't let that pass could I? Nice place. I see why you'd want to stay.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I used to think Hawaii but now I think where I live, near Seattle, in Washington State. Hawaii is too expensive.

We have pretty mild weather all year, no hurricanes, tornadoes or other horrible storms. We have rain, of course, to maintain the green and an occasional wind storm, but most of the year, the weather is not one extreme or the other. Summers have some hot days, but most of the time it's in the 70's. It snows once or twice in the winter and it's gone in a day or two.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit