Where do you consider would be the best place in the world to live?

by JH 29 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

The mountains of Vermont. When I was growing up, we would go every summer and stay in a 200 year old farmhouse set near the top of Mount Terrible. You could see for 50 miles. That's heaven. Went back to see it this summer...the house is still standing (just) and won't stand many more winters...but if I had the chance, I'd renovate it and live there....

The town I grew up in (Westwood, MA) was listed recently as #13 in the list of best towns to live in in the U.S. Wish I had kept the house... it's now worth about a million dollars... and I couldn't afford to live there... ah well.

Coffee

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

The mountains of Vermont. When I was growing up, we would go every summer and stay in a 200 year old farmhouse set near the top of Mount Terrible. You could see for 50 miles. That's heaven. Went back to see it this summer...the house is still standing (just) and won't stand many more winters...but if I had the chance, I'd renovate it and live there....

The town I grew up in (Westwood, MA) was listed recently as #13 in the list of best towns to live in in the U.S. Wish I had kept the house... it's now worth about a million dollars... and I couldn't afford to live there... ah well.

Coffee

• JH
    JH
    To me Australia would also be a nice place to live

OK, i'm kidding Ozzie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

JH:
    Well, that's OK then, we've got no place for them polar bears!!

• weinermcgee
    weinermcgee

I like living in canada, I wish I could retire and travel around it till i die. My favorite spot is still either mahone bay n.s or victoria b.c.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I think I was raised right here in the most perfect place on earth, North Carolina on the Virginia border. I love the seasons, Spring is beautiful, Summer is fun, Fall is also beautiful, and Winter is varriable from cold to mild with an occasional light snow. I'm near the mountains and the beach is about four hours away.

There are two rivers that run through the town I live in and you can drive about ten minutes out in the country and it is so beautiful, hardly any traffic at all and the old houses remind me of the old South, sort of like the old movie,"Gone With the Wind". I've been driving out in the country on old roads that you would never see unless you lived out there for several months and just enjoying the views. I don't know where I am for about an hour sometimes and finally come out on a highway that I am familiar with. I didn't know there was so much unpopulated land and wonder who owns it. I've got to take some pictures and post it here.

Ken P.

• arwen
    arwen

Prince Edward Island where we have four months of beautiful summer and eight months of really good sledding!

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I live in Southern California, near San Diego, and I think it is absolutely beautiful with near perfect weather year-round. It would, IMHO, be the perfect place to live if it wasn't sooooo expensive and the traffic wasn't so bad. I'm not much for extreme heat or extreme cold (I hate the snow) so for me it's perfect.

• joelbear
    joelbear

having travelled all over the US I can say there is no single best place to live. living with loved ones is the best, the whole country is beautiful in different ways, i'm sure this is true of other parts of the world also. i love ocean, mtns, desert, forest and the plains. the cities all look the same to me with a few interesting buildings in each, but they are becoming more and more uniform. they all have basically the same amenities. cities with neat views of nature are cool, like Portland and Seattle. I live about 20 miles north of Atlanta and have a nice hill and woods and stream behind my house. I wish I could live further out, closer to the start of the Appalachians, like Dahlonega. Georgia I think will always be my homebase.

• defd
    defd

I second that legolas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit