MY NAME IS EARL

by Cygnus 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Last night I downloaded the first two episodes of this show and the last time I laughed so hard was when I watched Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, a movie from 2002 which happens to include Jason Lee who plays two characters resurrected from past Kevin Smith movies, Mallrats and Chasing Amy.

Who else thinks this is the best thing to happen to television since Seinfeld got really good?

If you're familiar with Jason Lee and Mallrats, you can see some of his character Brodie in Earl. The only thing that disturbed me was when I saw Jason Lee on Carson Daly's show and he said some disparaging remarks about movies he's been associated with, which makes me wonder if he's had a major falling out with Smith. I need to go to Smith's website and see if there's something going on.

ANYWAY, anyone else hip to this new show?

Edited to add: I forgot to mention, Earl's brother Randy is played by Ethan Suplee, who was also in Mallrats as Willem, the guy who couldn't see the sailboat. I'm not explaining any more than that; you either know what I'm talking about or you don't. I wonder if Lee had something to do with casting Suplee, since they worked (however briefly) together before.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i've watched both episodes and its HILARIOUS and the show could go on for years, it has endless possiblities.

another new funny show is " the war at home" on fox. last week's " pot' episode had me rolling in the floor.

• glitter
    glitter

It's absolutely terrific, I am so glad that Earl was sufficiently awful for so long that he has so much on his list to make up for!

This and "Everybody Hates Chris" are wonderful quality comedy.

Thank God for Usenet!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

everybody hates chris IS funny. i was suprised..i didnt expect much from it but i'm enjoying it.

the guy who plays chris's dad is HOT! i'd be questioning mama.. how'd a hunk like that birth that big eared scrawny chris? LOL

• poppers
    poppers

I got hooked on the first episode - just love it. Hope it can continue with good stories and maintain its audience. It's a keeper.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

I watched both episodes at my bf's house- laughed my tuckus off!

I see myself becoming seriously addicted to this show, which is cool, as I haven't had a good laugh since Chapell went off the air.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I haven't seen an episode yet, but judging from my boyfriends bellylaughs it's pretty funny. I'm also a big fan of Kevin Smith's movies. Loved Chasing Amy and Dogma.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm hooked already!

• fairchild
    fairchild

Hmm.. I must be a minority here. Everybody was talking about "my name is earl" at work and told me to watch it. So I turned on the TV on Tuesday and watched it. It was funny, but I don't think it's the kind of show I'll get hooked on.

My all time favorites : Seinfeld, third rock from the sun, married wirth children and Dharma & Greg.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I watched both episodes, I thought the first one was hilarious, the second one was a stretch for me. I'll probably watch again once more to see if its a fluke that the second was a bit flat, hopefully it'll pick back up.

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit