MY NAME IS EARL

by Cygnus 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

I saw the first episode. I'm with fairchild on this one. Meh.

• under74
    under74

I think it's very good...but I wouldn't include Seinfeld. Arrested Development is in my opinion one of the best. If including British tv The Office is in the running as well.

Chasing Amy?? No offense but I hated that movie....so many holes in the script and I didn't laugh once--in fact it made me angry....The Royal Tenenbaums was hilarious though.Try almost anything from Wes Anderson and you'll probably laugh.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

YES!

I just read what Kevin Smith said about "My Name Is Earl" in the blog he writes. To wit:

“Earl” is a great, original show, and both Lee and Ethan are fantastic in it. There’s a “Raising Arizona” flavor to it, and Lee is pitch-perfect in the single-camera show. Mercifully, there’s no laugh-track, so it plays like a feature, and the premise – Earl has over two hundred mistakes he has to make up for in order to balance his karma – is such that if the critical gods keep smiling down (or up) at the show, it’ll run for years. This is one time you can believe the hype; even without my boys on the marquee, I’d still think this is the best sitcom I’ve seen since “Seinfeld”.

What did I say in my first post? WHAT DID I SAY? Smith and I are on the same wavelength here. That's an awesome feeling.

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

Absolutely love it...I haven't laughed that hard at a tv show in a long time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit