How precisely will god save the JWs at armageddon?

by kid-A 23 Replies latest jw friends

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I'm sure the all loving god won't mind losing a bit of collateral damage in the great day.

He can just resurrect them.

Simple.

Who cares about the trauma they faced, the agony and fear. Ah divine justice.

Remember the god of the hebrews loved a sacrificial restful smoke. Is that napalm?

• carla
    carla

But even if they die due to some accident during the big A, they still get to 'come back' anyway, right?

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

It is possible that he will create a "force field" or shield (like Star Trek) around each JW. But my question is why he can't just blink his eyes and wiggle his nose like "I Dream of Jeannie" and all the wicked are dead, vaporized, and it's all over? Why go to all this trouble of fireballs, earthquakes, and storms? After all, these things cost money. Just look at the two hurricanes and how long it will take to clean up after them and how much it will cost. Now consider the entire planet in that condition. Is it worth it? Why did he go to all that trouble with the Ark when the bad guys were back a few years later? If the WT's pictures come true, this earth is going to be one hell of a mess for decades to come, with earthquake fissures, holes in the ground, and 6 billion dead bodies laying around. And are any animals going to die because they belonged to any of the 6 billion wicked people? We don't want to miss anything that is tinged with wickedness. Perhaps my dog or cat might retain some of my "apostate" personality after I'm killed. It would be funny as hell if my cat scratched out the eyes of the first surviving JW who entered my house to "take it over" as so many of them are yearning to do. Or maybe I should start training my dog to bite the first JW who comes through the door. But an even bigger question arises, possibly on a tangent. What does it say for the quality and skill of the WT when they put their best effort (with Jehovah's micromanagement) into over one hundred years of witnessing and virtually no one on earth is saved except them? In other words, almost no converts out of 6 billion people who currently are NOT JW's? I consider this to be a very sad state of affairs when God's best attempt to save humanity ends in failure. What else can you call it when only one out of every one thousand people on this planet "see the light" and the other 999 people die eternally. Oh, I forgot, the light keeps changing. They probably didn't know where to look next. Or perhaps they were blinded by the light getting brighter. It's been doing that for so long that it's a wonder that the earth doesn't have the brightness of a million suns by now. My mistake. (Sarcasm intended.)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Why go to all this trouble of fireballs, earthquakes, and storms?

It's all for show. He wants everyone to see he's a tough guy. That way the survivors will think twice before stealing his fruit from the tree of knowledge.

As for being saved, the JW's just assume they're being saved for some good reason. The reality is that Jehover knows he's gonna make a big mess on this earth at armageddon. He also knows the JWs have a lot of experience in the cleaning business. Who is more qualified to clean this mess than the JW's?

W

• blondie
    blondie

*** w60 4/1 p. 219 Part 35: "Your Will Be Done on Earth" ***

Studies have been made of the effect of cosmic rays on living cells in animal bodies, particularly with respect to disorders of the mind. What effect do they have or will they have on the way men behave here on earth? Certainly the Creator of cosmic rays, Jehovah God, could use these to affect the minds of his enemies, including the king of the north and the king of the south, and could drive them to mutual slaughter: "every man’s sword shall be against his brother." (Ezek. 38:21, AS) In this prophecy God warns that he will also use other natural forces that are at his disposal, possibly a rain of antimatter that has the property of annihilating any material thing that it meets. He warns all scoffers that he will do an ‘unusual work.’—Isa. 28:21.

kj chap. 20 p. 377 Land of Magog No More to Threaten Mankind ***

The unburied dead, "those slain by Jehovah," will be so enormously many that even the carrion birds and scavenging wild beasts could never take care of their consumption. The burial of even what remains after these lower creatures have their fill would be stupendous. Doubtless the Almighty God will use some highly scientific means, whether including antimatter or not, to dispose of the surplus of decaying bodies in a speedy and sanitary way. This remains for the survivors of the "war of the great day" to see and witness. We remember that Noah and his seven fellow survivors of the global Deluge were not burdened with burying the human victims of that world catastrophe after they came out of the ark and renewed Jehovah’s worship on earth.—Genesis 8:18-22.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Cosmic rays and anti-matter? Someone in the writing department as been reading those Sci-fi mags like Analog and Asimov's

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

I have heard it rumored that he will send a large spatula to carefully collect the broken eggshells (made white in the blood of the Lamb) out of the omelette. But I think the guy who said it was high at the time, so, I dunno what to believe.

OldSoul

• M.J.
    M.J.

What is exactly the JWs scriptural reasoning for their current teaching of JWs surviving a total wipeout of mankind? Is it pretty much based on Matt 24:36-41, where Jesus likens the coming of the Son of man to the flood in Noah's time?

It is interesting how for the first 60 years of the Watchtower Society they taught that only church and state institutions would be destroyed and most mankind would survive but have to submit to the new government under the 144,000+Jesus.

I imagine Charles Russell, like many Christians used verses 40 and 41 to describe the rapture of the saints to heaven:

40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

But do JWs now think that the one who is "taken" is actually fried by a fireball? Total reversal of the understanding of these verses?

(Matthew 24:37-39 NWT) 37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; 39 and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be.

How do the JWs get around the notion that the "presence" of the Son of Man in this context NOT being the same "presence" tied to his SECOND "presence" (in 1914)? Do JWs think Armageddon will be his THIRD "presence"? This is so confusing.

• daystar
    daystar

I can recall thinking that somehow, my family and I would huddle in our house, safe and sound, until it was over. Either that, or we'd all meet at the KH and we'd all miraculously be kept safe there.

Just silly. But it kept me from seriously confronting the fact of my own mortality for a very long time. How about that?

• xjwms
    xjwms

Blondie

You would make a great teacher.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit