How precisely will god save the JWs at armageddon?

by kid-A 23 Replies latest jw friends

• kid-A
    kid-A

Have you ever wondered, based upon the artists conception below, how it is jehovah will supposedly "save" the witnesses during his "great day of vengeance( TM )"

I mean, will he transport all 6 million of them into waiting cruise ships while he is throwing fireballs onto the earth? How will all the dubs avoid falling into those giant crevasses as he starts the continental earthquakes? I remember an explanation once from an old j-dub: all the witnesses would be herded into concentration camps immediately before the holy shite hits the fan and there they will be protected"....Have you heard any similarly wacky explanations as to how precisely god would protect the dubs during armageddon?

I have never heard a logical explanation for this,and I know that they dont support the concept of the "rapture" so, whats the escape plan for the loyal dubs????

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS currently doesn't teach that each individual JW is guaranteed physical survival but that AS A GROUP JWs will survive. There was a scaling back of Psalm 91:7,8, that it did not mean literal physical protection. They have also said that individual JWs may die during the GT but not due to divine execution.

That leaves a lot of room open for individual JWs to die, as long as they are not totally exterminated as a group. Notice the timing of these sources, around 1975.

*** w74 3/15 p. 172 What Protection for God’s People? ***

SURVIVAL THROUGH DIVINE PROTECTION

When the "great tribulation" destroys this ungodly system there will definitely be survivors. In fact, the Bible refers to a "great crowd" who "come out of" or survive this "great tribulation." (Rev. 7:9, 14) Jehovah God will not allow the haters of his people to vent their rage to the point of exterminating them. By means of his Son and the angelic forces, he will come to the defense of his people, rescuing them from annihilation. They being his "loyal ones," their death as a people would be too "precious," too costly, in his eyes. (Ps. 116:15) They will also be shielded from the execution of divine judgment. Neither Jesus Christ nor his angelic forces will make a mistake. None of God’s servants will be swept away along with the wicked.
    Even if some do die at the hands of the enemy, their death would serve for the vindication of God’s holy name. Is your love for God of such a quality that, faced with death, you would count it a privilege to prove your loyalty to him no matter what the cost? Such a firm stand would glorify Jehovah and it would prove false Satan’s claim that your service to God is based on selfish considerations.
    One thing we definitely know: Jehovah God will never allow his loyal servants to be effaced from the earth. And not a single one of them will perish at the hands of Jesus Christ or his executional forces.

*** w75 6/15 p. 377 Looking to the Future with Confidence ***

Should we expect, moreover, that because Jehovah is on our side he will miraculously intervene to protect each one of us personally from death or injury during the "great tribulation"? Both Psalm 91:7-12 and Proverbs 3:25, 26 have been mistakenly cited by some as supporting this view. The psalm says: "A thousand will fall at your very side and ten thousand at your right hand; to you it will not come near." Lest we read into this text more than it states, we must ask ourselves if Moses is here talking about the coming "great tribulation" and is declaring a blanket protection for individual servants of God then. This would hardly be so when we remember that centuries later Paul showed that up to his time the devoted followers of Jehovah had undergone mockings, scourgings, prisons, tribulations and many other persecutions, even violent death. However, we can be assured that, as a group, Jehovah will protect them from being exterminated by their enemies during the "great tribulation," and He, himself, will not touch them during his executing of adverse judgments.—Heb. 11:36-38.

*** w02 12/15 p. 15 "He Will Draw Close to You" ***

How, though, does Jehovah guard his people? His promise of protection does not guarantee us a problem-free life in this system; nor does it mean that he is obligated to work miracles in our behalf. Nevertheless, Jehovah does provide physical protection for his people as a group. After all, he would never allow the Devil to efface true worshipers from the earth! (2 Peter 2:9)
    Blondie
  • kid-A
    kid-A

Thanks for the information and quotes, Blondie. It makes me wonder how witnesses process this possibility and at the same time await armageddon with such giddy anticipation? My guess would be each "individual" witness assumes they will somehow be safe, despite the fireball storm!

• blondie
    blondie
    My guess would be each "individual" witness assumes they will somehow be safe, despite the fireball storm!

Good guess.

It is much the same way many JWs blot out that when they hope for the destruction of the wicked, that means all their non-JW relatives and friends.

Blondie

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

The LDS will feed and protect them :) We'll have to bail most people out.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Tupperware my friends, Tupperware!

It's the only logical answer. Each witness will be directed to buy giant tupperware and seal up before the firestorm begins. That's what the District Conventions are for, to tell everyone when to climb in and burp the suckers to seal in righteousness!

W.Once

• weinermcgee
    weinermcgee

Oh didn't you guys know? Were going to live under the sea!

(Music starts)

"Under the sea...Under the sea,"

"life will be better under the sea...take it from me"

All you Simpsons fans out there will get it.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Maybe Joe Hoba will distribute special rain slickers and umbrellas that repel falling fire and brimstone to the righteous.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Maybe the case would be that your faith will protect you..... your faith and hope in Jehovah will shield you from his Judgement.

e.g. psalm 91 talks about the protection from the lord, "his faithfullness is a shield and buckler"

When Jehovah's Judgement comes only our own individual faith will save and protect us, nobody else can only us as individuals, there is no 'bomb shelter" in the time of Judgement for Jehovah is all powerful and all knowing.... I don't see what a bomb shelter could do. Just like in the scripture somewhere (can't remember where) God's people walked through some fiery storm, but they walked out with not even a scratch.....

Evanescence

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

he will use anti matter, for me I will be saved by the bill of my engineer Fred cap

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit