Does the sadness ever leave?

by pc 31 Replies latest jw friends

• pc
    pc

Hi everyone, haven't posted for awhile.

I am probably just rambling tonight( a few glasses of great red wine) so pardon me.

Every once and awhile I just have such great sadness that begins to permiate my thoughts.Not just for me but for everyone who has walked this path. I happen to have a pretty great life, but sometimes this deep sadness rises up in me for all the things that might have been. I try and explain it to friends but I realize they have no way of understanding. Until you've walked in someone else's shoes "how do you know". I keep hoping for someone here I remember or that got out. It's so strange living on Long Island, so close to the whole Brooklyn scene and yet for the most part no one has arisen. What really would be the point of that anyway. So many years, so many lives ago, what would it matter now.

• Soledad
    Soledad

I know how you feel, all too well. I too keep looking for someone from my past that I could connect to and share things with.

You would think that living in NY there would be many more apostates around huh? Seems like they're all in a different part of the country.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

How long have you been out pc?

I have had real spells of sadness over not being with my congregation as there were so many I liked and in surrounding congs. But time does have a way.

Enjoy your wine. Do you know Franklin J from this forum? I think he's on Long Island

• pc
    pc

I faded years ago. I don't think I know Franklin, but we are from the same area and about the same age. I now live in Ct., but my brothers still live on LI. I just can't believe I haven't come across anyone that I was friends with...

• pc
    pc

Soledad I read your bio, I can only imagine how tough it was in the congregation for you. I remember how it was looked at for having an unbelieving parent....

Confused My kids would love your avatar.... they just love family guy

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Yes, it does (((pc))). You already know that, if you feel it rising up at times. It comes and then it goes. I find that it goes faster if I focus on the time when it wil be gone while it is here, but yes, I know exactly what you are talking about.

Also, you have only posted here 266 times. That isn't a lot of opportunity to run across someone that recognizes you from your posts. There is a lot of opportunity to make new friends here, and if any of your old friends are out you will be more likely to make a connection with them with each friend you make here. That has to do with the theory of Six Degrees of Separation. Every friend you make in a circle of ex-JWs increases the odds that one of them will know one of your friends.

So, I know where you are coming from and I hope you can find a positive way of coping. Maybe that suggestion will help, maybe someone else's suggestion will help. For some of us, we ex-JWs are all we have left while we struggle and try to start a new life.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Do they also like the Red Sox?

• pc
    pc

Oldsoul .. Insight that's what you have.. I can tell by you name thanks!!!!

• pc
    pc

Confused.. Sorry we are Yankee fans!! We are from NY "Getta Outta Here". ( hope that's funny sometimes my jokes are funny in my own mind).

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It seems to make me manic, much of the time i have a great joy, a love for life i lost years ago. But there is still a deep sadness, particularly when thinking that the Org justs keeps rolling on wrecking more lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit