Oh the irony!

by Princess 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I wouldn't be who I am today. I like who I am, and I'm totally OK with it.

Isn't this the truth??? In spite of the heartache, if I had to do it all over again, knowing what I know and having what I have now, I'd do in a second! I like who I am as well. It's taken me a long time to be able to say it and actually believe it.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Princess & Billygoat: you two are so right.

Even while we don't agree now with the Borg, the expericience have made us who we are today. (and I like the one I am today)

• Mulan
    Mulan

Rachel's (Princess) cousin is a counselor at a high school. She is also an ex JW, and she says that she often has JW kids who come to her for help and advice. She feels that her background, being raised a JW, helps her to understand these teenagers. She never reveals her past to them, but asks questions, hopefully helping them to think. She told us that some of them come from terrible homes (ethically, she cannot reveal to us what they tell her, and never has) and she knows they want out of the WTS really bad. She isn't allowed, legally, to suggest that however. She can suggest options for them to help them cope until they are 18.

• Princess
    Princess
    I guess having been through it I would do anything to make a dub kids life easier, because after all the kid doesnt really have a choice, and is probably as miserable as sin.

Plus the other thing is I guess I wouldnt reveal that I was an ex dub helping the kid because I know when I was a dub, meeting an ex dub freaked me out and scared me and made me distrust everything they did (pathetic I know, but im being honest).

So I guess you would have to content yourself with being a secret golden heart, and the kid might never know a wicked apostate was looking out for him/her. It would give me some kind of perverse self congratulatory buzz.

That's exactly how I feel about it. I spent some time chatting with the teacher after school. Gave her some tips on how to make life easier on the little girl and basically said do whatever it takes to not draw attention to the fact that she's different. I feel for the girl. Next month first grade starts a big project for the Veterans Day assembly. They learn all the songs for the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines and put on this big patriotic assembly for the whole school, one in the evening for the parents and then again at the local high school. She literally won't be able to do a thing with it. They spend hours a day on it. I told the teacher to talk to the girls mom and ask what she should do with her.

I don't know the girl. She's hispanic and probably goes to the Spanish congo. I'd never reveal who I am. It would make things tough on everyone and as little involved as dubs get in schools, knowing the PTA president is a df'd apostate wouldn't help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit