Oh the irony!

by Princess 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess
    Princess

So today I'm at the assembly at my daughter's school. I'm a PTA geek so I know all the teachers pretty well. One of them comes and whispers "I have a J-dub kid in my class, I could use some tips as to how I can help her out".

I've been pondering the irony of that ever since. Consulting a DF'd apostate on how to deal with a dub kid. It's first grade. The teacher is awesome and I'll give her ideas on how to make things easy on the girl. It's a totally rah-rah spirited school. I remember what it was like being the only witness kid in school. It totally sucks during holidays but these days there isn't much holiday celebration in the classrooms so she'll have it a bit easier. I'm pretty sure my teachers weren't consulting apostates for help either.

I am curious who the child is. I don't think it's anyone I know. Open house might be a bit more fun this year!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

yeah, thats tough on kids. I know I had a hard time like in chorus, I had to stand there on stage, and not sing certain songs. I must have really looked stupid!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    I am curious who the child is. I don't think it's anyone I know. Open house might be a bit more fun this year!

You are truly twisted! LOL An X-twisted-sister!

LMAO @ Princess, now that would really make open house fun for sure!

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

I have been asked for advice by people that know I was raised a witness when they have to have dealings with JW's. One of my co-workers freaked out when their kid was dating a JW girl and came to me to get the whole low down.

• vitty
    vitty

When I read threads like this the guilt is sometimes too much.

I want to say im sorry, sorry to my children, sorry to the teachers (who had to witness what I put my kids through) and im sorry to all of you whoes parents never said sorry.

• Princess
    Princess

When I read threads like this the guilt is sometimes too much.

I want to say im sorry, sorry to my children, sorry to the teachers (who had to witness what I put my kids through) and im sorry to all of you whoes parents never said sorry.

Oh my gosh vitty, I don't want anyone to feel that way! I've told my parents over and over that I don't want them to feel guilty about it. If I hadn't been a dub, I wouldn't have felt comfortable addressing the entire school this morning. I wouldn't have met and married Steve or have the two great kids that I have. I wouldn't be who I am today. I like who I am, and I'm totally OK with it.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Suggest to the teacher that the students have a study unit on propaganda. Big word for 1st graders, but they can understand the concept. In spelling have her include the word cult and do definitions...then she could have them sing songs from other religious cultures that parallel the Beatitudes of Jesus..all in the name of multiculturism.. then give out UN flag stickers instead of stars for performance rewards...

carmel

• bitemeWT
    bitemeWT

Thank you for that. For a few seconds, I thought I could hear MY mother talking, but.... no.

Really, it's not your fault. We have ALL fell victim to their mind control.

• bitemeWT
    bitemeWT

Hi, Princess!

I'm a PTA geek too. I showed one teacher what it said in a Watchtower about Christmas... she threw it back at me and said, "OMG!"

They all know how I feel about the witnesses and that I used to be one.

I feel really ripped off. I didn't get to celebrate the holidays when I was little... and now... it's politically incorrect! I just roll my eyes everytime we can't do something at school for the holidays. It's like being a JW all over again.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I guess having been through it I would do anything to make a dub kids life easier, because after all the kid doesnt really have a choice, and is probably as miserable as sin.

Plus the other thing is I guess I wouldnt reveal that I was an ex dub helping the kid because I know when I was a dub, meeting an ex dub freaked me out and scared me and made me distrust everything they did (pathetic I know, but im being honest).

So I guess you would have to content yourself with being a secret golden heart, and the kid might never know a wicked apostate was looking out for him/her. It would give me some kind of perverse self congratulatory buzz.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit