by l3gi0n 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• vitty
    vitty

So in 1914, Jesus returned why did it take another 5 years to inspect the religions on earth ???

Was he waiting for the war to end ? Didnt he know before hand who was doing his will and who wasnt ?

Ive always thought its like an episode of Star wars.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    So in 1914, Jesus returned why did it take another 5 years to inspect the religions on earth ???

He was hanging out in Canada, enjoying Canadian beer while waiting for Rutherford to get out of jail.

W

• TD
    TD

Yes, from 1914 to 1919 Jesus was conducting an inspection of all religions. --Only the Bible Students didn't know he was conducting this inspection because they thought he had returned 40 years ago, in 1874. They didn't realize Christ had returned in 1914 until about 1933.

Jesus found that the Bible Students were the only ones teaching "the truth" so he rewarded them as the faithful portion of the composite slave by appointing them over all his belongings. --Only the Bible Students didn't know this because they thought that the office of faithful and discreet slave had already been fulfilled by C.T. Russell and that he was now directing the work from beyond the grave. They didn't realize that the "faithful slave" was actually a composite group until 1927 or so.

So now that they were appointed over all the master's belongings, (without knowing it) this faithful slave could begin preaching the "good news of the established kingdom." --Only the Bible Students didn't know that the kingdom had been established in heaven in 1914 until 1925. Prior to that, the idea that the kingdom even needed to be "established" was an alien concept.

Anyhow, with the establishment of the kingdom in heaven, Christ had received kingly power, having been installed as king of the kingdom. --Only the Bible Students didn't know that this had happened in 1914, they thought Christ began to exercise kingly power in 1878. This also didn't change until 1925.

So the king that they didn't know was crowned began to set up the kingdom that they didn't know was established by resurrecting the sleeping saints. --Only the Bible Students didn't know this took place in 1919. They thought it had happened in 1878. This wasn't moved forward to 1919 until 1922 or so.

Clear as mud? All of this gets so tangled and convoluted that even Watchtower writers lose track of things. I remember one particularly humorous Watchtower that claimed that the crowning of Earth's new king had made the nations wrathful and that this was why WWI had started. --Looks like those wicked nations were really on the ball. They knew about it years and years before the so-called "faithful and discreet slave."

• kid-A
    kid-A

The splinter group still exists today as the "Dawn Bible Students"....its an interesting website, they vehemently deny any association with the WTS and strictly adhere to Russells teachings.

http://www.dawnbible.com/

• lawrence
    lawrence

Finally Free-

Yeah, you nailed it right on - the Temple was inspected, the Judge was thrown in jail for the radio transmitter, and then a Canadian beer trip was taken; then the Cedar Points convention happened. After Cedar Points, the Judge was in the driver's seat, and the cult was cleansed until the prophets were supposed to come. Expansion was the name of the game and more "active life force" came their way.

TD- Yeah, you got it. This makes sense now!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

TD is right on the button. In fact, I'm going to keep your last post for reference.

Here's an excerpt from w36 3/15 The Lord's Day part 1 p.87

17 But how about 1918, the beginning of the day of the Lord Jesus Christ when coming to the temple for judgment? Did that come as a thief in the night? It certainly did. Even to this very hour no one aside from those who are devoted to Jehovah has an understanding of the Lord Jesus' coming to the temple. ...

21 ... Likewise the foolish-virgin class now soundly asleep and are inactive and in darkness. Prior to 1918 all "Christendom" was, and since is, beastly drunk, like night revelers, filled with and befuddled by the strong drink of Satan's joy in persecuting Jehovah's witnesses and in endeavoring to destroy the W ATCH T OWER S OCIETY. Also all "Christendom" was and is in darkness, and willingly so. (2 Pet. 3:5) Therefore, all such being in darkness, the day of the Lord Jesus Christ has overtaken them as a thief overtakes the sleepers and drunken ones in the night.

22 Even the "faithful servant" class, the remnant, did not discern the coming of the Lord to the temple at the time it occurred. Those faithful ones were fully trusting in the Lord and waiting upon him, yet it was not until 1922 that the Lord revealed to them that he was at the temple for judgment.

That was another lightbulb moment for me. A gigantic red flag. I couldn't get over that so momentous and significant an award (all the Master's belongings) was bestowed, by Jesus personally, on this little group of faithful slaves AND THEY DIDN'T KNOW A DARN THING ABOUT IT! For years. Not a clue! Duh!

I remember one particularly humorous Watchtower that claimed that the crowning of Earth's new king had made the nations wrathful and that this was why WWI had started. --Looks like those wicked nations were really on the ball. They knew about it years and years before the so-called "faithful and discreet slave."
    I hadn't followed that to its logical conclusion, TD! All I knew was that Jesus was supposed to have been crowned in Oct 1914 and THEN ousted Satan, who then wreaked angry havoc on the world. But WWI started end of July that year, so Satan's wrath was premature. And they had a totally alien interpretation of Rev 12 back in 1914 period, didn't they? - see Finished Mystery of 1918. Yeah ... Ps 2 ... another nail. Thanks
  • Ring Wielder
    Ring Wielder

This subject is the theme of 'Captives of a Concept', by Don Cameron.

It is very logical and shows how Jesus would have found an organization with as many 'false' beliefs ( false from the standpoint of the modern day Witness beliefs ) as any other 'Christian' religion, and that he would never have chosen them as his true servants IF he had been looking in 1919.

Not good credentials for the 'True Religion'.

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

Good point MJ. I like the missing 20 years icon. Where can I get one?

• uriah
    uriah

I asked a witness what it was that was the defining moment when Christ bestowed all his belongings and said 'It's YOU!' How was it made manifest what happened. What was it that made them know that they had been chosen. He was stumped because he had never thought about it. None of them do.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Woodsman:

I took the illustration from an old comic book about a lost Mesopotamian king's court brought back to life by a mad scientist, being discovered by...Donald Duck, Huey, Dewey, and Louie. The king's name was actually "Nevawuzza" who ruled from the lost city of "Itsa Faka". I just put in the text and voilĂ ...my personal theory of the missing 20 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit