LOST-- "Are you Him?

by Rayvin 30 Replies latest social entertainment

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

You may feel the flashbacks are of no real meaning only to find out you missed a big clue. Some claim to have noticed the identity of one of the 'others' on the boat is actually the female lawyer of Michaels wife. My brother and I have come to one guesstimation as to why they crashed there. The magnectic pull of Jacks necklace makes us feel that maybe the whole island has this pull and messed up the planes controls and 'pulled' them there. Thats just one idea with the little info we have.

Yea..! I love Alias.. I taped it last night and haven't watched it so.. shhhh.. The season finale was jaw-dropping!!!!!!

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

What are you chaps talking about??Im only as far as E4 (uk) latest episode of series 1...do you mean there is a 2nd series??

Btw i love it!Some of those Girls are rather fit too......

• Terry
    Terry

The original pitch to the Network Execs by the original creator of LOST (not J.J.Abrams) was a Gilligan's Island type show which seemed ridiculous. Because of Abrams success at ALIAS, they contacted him and asked him to come up with some creative ideas.

Over a lunch with another writer, Abrams and Lindelhof (I think that is his name) plotted out FIVE SEASONS in advance and submitted it. The network loved it.

They asked Abrams, "What happens when the whole "island" thing gets stale??"

Abrams replied, "The name of the series isn't ISLAND; it is LOST".

He told them he wanted the title to refer metaphorically to the characters.

The WATERSHIP DOWN reference in Sawyer's book and the comic book with the polar bear figure heavily in the clues that there is an inter-dimensional quality to the Island.

I'm pretty sure the tail-section survivors landed in a timewarp and were there, consequently, BEFORE the people we have seen thus far.

The rabbit-hole type shaft underneat the island might be a portal to an entirely new setting for the next season.

Look at what J.J.Abrams did with ALIAS by completely destroying the premise of the first two seasons and miraculously re-establishing the setting and the character's relationships.

He can do anything and make it work.

Last night's episode of ALIAS was just incredible!

T.

• scotsman
    scotsman

I'm really disappointed with it. Too many bland boys & girls, repetitive flash backs and plodding dialogue. Ooh doesn't everyone have a tearful secret. And the endless supply of fresh clothes and hair product is astounding. Maybe it's supplied by the polar bear's boutique managed by the French woman.

It sure ain't no Twin Peaks.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo
    Some of those Girls are rather fit too......

Most Photogenic roster of plane passengers I've ever seen. Except for Hurley, as the token Fat Ugly guy, everyone of the survivors comes out of Good Looks 'r' Us. Though I do like Terry O'Quinn's "John Locke". Fascinating character so far.

The show is easier to watch on DVD. I'm playing catch up right now, and will not be watching the new episodes until I watch the first season completely.

I remember another show that was deliciously weird, had a strong cast, a lot of interesting sub-plots, and a scary mystery. And then I watched it turn into a big pile of CRAP. Any one remember it? Anyone? It was "Twin Peaks".

I'm afraid that this might be the same fate that befalls "Lost". Or it becomes a parody of itself, "Gilligan's Island", but without the irony.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Just saw someone beat me to the punch on the "Twin Peaks" reference... oh well.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I did find one line very funny though. That was when michael was threatening Sawyer and Sawyer asked him "What are ya going to do? Splash me?"

I lmao at that too! Funny.

Mozz and I are big-time X-Files fans. We loved it and still miss it today. So we're both Lost fans as well.

What I wonder is, with the chubby guy (can't remember his name) living on an island with limited food resources, I'm surprised the directors/producers aren't having him lose weight to make it more realistic. I know after 44 days on an island, most people are going to lose some major body fat.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Great (and very funny!) observations by scotsman, Captain Schmideo, and Billygoat...and in line with Captain's comment, we all know that only attractive people survive catastrophies!

~ Doomed Class ~

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    What I wonder is, with the chubby guy (can't remember his name) living on an island with limited food resources, I'm surprised the directors/producers aren't having him lose weight to make it more realistic. I know after 44 days on an island, most people are going to lose some major body fat.

I've been wondering about that too!

It could be called the LOST Weight Loss Plan. The slogan can be: How much weight have you LOST?

I wonder if people would consider it more harsh than my world renowned "30 Day Closet" diet plan.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

in the first season charlie (the smack addict) posed the same question...hurley's response?

''DUDE! i've gained like 2 notches on my belt! just b/c you can't tell doesn't mean it's not happening!''

also, for any of my fellow LOST fans...i recommend:

www.oceanic-air.com

and

www.oceanicflight815.com

the second one is a message board. if you poke around it, there's a big thread w/ codes you can enter in oceanic-air. very cool!

luv, jojo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit