LOST-- "Are you Him?

by Rayvin 30 Replies latest social entertainment

• Terry
    Terry
    I couldn't figure out why they showed so many scenes that we had already seen either. They also ran commercials about every 7 mins. As I was sitting here watching it I found myself thinking, "They are just dragging things out so that they can make the series last longer by only giving us very little new info and lots of commercials. I did find one line very funny though. That was when michael was threatening Sawyer and Sawyer asked him "What are ya going to do? Splash me?"

The network has put tremendous pressure on the the producer and writers to CLARIFY the first three episodes for people who come in late and who didn't watch the first season. This means constant repetition for the first three and a kind of weariness for die-hard fans.

Winning the Emmy Award for drama, the network feels, will draw in viewers who did NOT view before and consequently, they owe it to the newbies to spell everything out A, B, C.

In my opinion, the only way to watch this kind of series is to tape it (or, as I do, use TIVO) and fast-forward through commercials or pause to pick up a missed detail or bit of dialogue such as "See you another life" last week in the stadium scene.

• Terry
    Terry
    But now the twist that has Jack meet up with the same guy he'd met while running on the bleachers years before...seems to suggest everyone of them has a reason for having been brought to the island

Father Juniper will soon appear! Just ask Thornton Wilder.

T.

• sf
    sf

"Are you him" cannot be Jack. Because the guy who asked KNOWS Jack from previous encounters he had with him before the crash. You would know this if you pay very close attention and not let your mind wander during each scene.

Also, it seems, to me, that the question that the guy asked Loc means that SOMEONE on that plane KNEW it would or planned for it (that specific flight) to crash exactly where it did. And since Loc failed to answer correctly, HIM can't be Loc. UNLESS, Loc is intentionally being deceitful when he answered the question incorrectly, to throw Kate off.

Pay close attention people!

Now, who is enjoying INVASION as much as I am?

sKally

• Confession
    Confession
    Father Juniper will soon appear! Just ask Thornton Wilder.

Yes, the book about the bridge. And it would follow. The conflict between Locke and Jack is the Man of Faith vs. Man of Science disposition. (Again, kind of like the Mulder/Scully relationship.) Jack is the rationalist who considers the number sequence and Locke's feelings of "destiny" ridiculous. For his own father to return would certainly challenge him in an intriguing way.

• glitter
    glitter

The resolution to "The X-Files" was sooooo stupid. All through the finale they built it up as this huge thing that Mulder would rather die than tell even *Scully* about. And what did it turn out to be? "Oh the world is going to end in 2012." So nine years of twists and turns and seven years of quality storytelling was basically for nothing, Mulder needn't have even bothered joining the FBI. Personally I think the season 7 finale should have been the end, the consortium were dead, Mulder knew what happened to Samantha... I think Mulder's abduction should have been the perfect ending.

The final scene of the series taking it all back full circle was perfect though. What *could* have been the final scene (incredibly bad George W Bush impersonator saying "The truth is out there now") would have been awful.

I just hope "Lost" doesn't paint itself into a similar corner. I hope they've got a storyline planned for a set number of seasons and stick to it, rather than trying to drag it out.

Anybody seen DEAD LIKE ME?

I loved "Dead Like Me", such a huge shame it was cancelled.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I have it on tape. I just couldn't stay up to watch - too pooped last night. Kevan watched and was disappointed when he came to bed for the same reasons others mentioned.

Guess I should watch it today.

I loved Lost last season. I enjoyed the first 2 seasons of Alias too. Then Alias just got soap-opra wierd.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    They also ran commercials about every 7 mins.

That really upset Dave and he told me to start taping it and we can watch the whole show in about 20 minutes.

• Terry
  • glitter
    glitter

I *cough* "acquire" it every week, so it's watched back in 42 minutes. I'm enjoying it but not if they do the same format next week to show what happened to the *single most annoying and boring person on the island* (Jin *yawn*). Though I do want to know what happened down the hatch during the early hours in the time taken up by Michael's flashback/dream.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Last night's episode was frustrating for me too, even with Terry's comments about setting things up for newcomers probably being very accurate. They are doing so much 'back fill' with this show that any forward movement occurs at a snail's pace. I get the feeling that I'll soon lose patience and Lost will lose at least one viewer....on the otehr hand, Wed nights seem to be a lousy TV night, so I'll likely keep tuning in. Btw, Tuesdays have become the best TV night of the week...The Office, Boston Legal, NCIS (fading but still watchable), and the Gina Davis as le presidente show.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit