Do the Witnesses Still Go Door to Door?

by tfsm 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tfsm
    tfsm

I have lived at my current address for approximately five years and I have not had any visits from the witnesses. I don't really want any but here's the deal: I left "the truth" about fifteen years ago. I wasn't disfellowshipped or anything and (since I moved to another state) it was a relatively clean break. I was just wondering if they had changed their beliefs along these lines.

• daystar
    daystar

They haven't changed this, but I know what you mean. I was at the last place I lived for nearly four years and never had any JWs at the door... We did get Mormons though.

• Legolas
    Legolas

No they didn't change that!

((((((Welcome to the board))))))

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

they don't come see me either, and there's a kh like 10 minutes down the road.

DON'T THEY WANT TO SAVE ME???

luv, jojo

p.s. welcome!!!

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

Unfortunately, I am still visited. I got an AWAKE in my door last week.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Many on this forum have admitted that when they were JW's, they would go up to the door, but not knock or ring the bell. Just stand for a minute or two, then leave. Others said they simply lied about their hours, turned in 10 hours for the month and never went out.

So while they still claim they go door to door, apparently there is an underground group that is faking it. (Good for them!)

Dave

• tfsm
    tfsm

WOW. This board is alive! I was googling something else entirely when I came upon it. I'm glad I registered and posted. Thanks for the answers.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

According to the Jan. 1 1989 Watchtower the preaching work was supposed to end in the twentieth century. By the time the bound volumes were released there was a flash of new light, so the bound volumes were changed. However, some JWs may not realize this, so they continue to count time while drinking coffee in Tim Hortons rather than knocking on doors.

W

• luna2
    luna2

Welcome to the board, tsfm! Praise be to Jah for all the faker JWs who only pretend to knock!

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

dont know if its like this all over, but when I was a BORG drone, I lived in a white town surrounded by mostly poor black towns. my town was nicknamed the last white hope.... here's the deal, while each neighboring black town had multiple congregations and often several sharing one building... my town had zero.

the door to door in my neighborhood was probably very minimal and hardly noticed as whitey didnt play that....

there were two not two distant white towns, each with one cong in one building.... and their presence in my neighborhood was zero.

the difference in energy was there too.... in the black cong, which I attended as I lived right down the road from it, they sang the opening and closing songs.... while the white cong's whispered theirs making me look like a fool for singiing when I visited them....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit