Fred Franz stories

by lawrence 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lawrence
    lawrence

VM-

Yes, "wishy, washy", "dilly, dally", and I guess the next in progression is "guessy, guessy."

Hopelessly-

You stated: Really, how could anyone base their entire life and that of their children's on such thinking?

Amazing as it may sound...

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Not a story, but I remember him giving a talk around '80, very coherent and good - and quoting all the Bible verses by memory while pretending to look them up in the Bible, because of his blindness. He stated his eyesight was beginning to be a bit poor - quite an understatement. He told us that we should not think the New World was far off, in fact it was very close - and he was going to witness its coming and live thru the tribulation and into the New World.

Then he died.

And I guess so will I.

And still no New World.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Some of the things I'm now wondering about...

How did Fred survive 20 years with Judge Rutherford?
    Did Fred have any hobbies, musical interests, board game interest, things like that?
    The following quote from Cole's book - 'JWs of the Triumphant Kingdom' I found of interest:

Now they were an organization, a Society-an "in-destructible nation" within themselves. The feeling of

de- pendence on any one person had long since gone out of their system. Covington was there to pick up the legal branch of the Judge’s fight. In regard to doctrinal material, for years Rutherford had leaned heavily on the keen Bible brain of Fred Franz. Nathan Knorr had managed the business of the legal corporations for so long that by unanimous quiet consent he almost automatically slipped into the presidency.This time there was no inside strife, no dogfights for supremacy.
  • kid-A
    kid-A

I think this is a great premise for a 1-man play. I want to see it. Will you be performing this in Toronto?

• VM44
    VM44

I think many here would like to hear your performance of Fred Franz.

Perhaps, after you have given it, post a link to a recording of it? --VM44

• lawrence
    lawrence

Need so much more on his personality, So liitle available, but that might be the reality. Thanks all. This bastard was our chief theologian. We were screwed from the get go...

• Poztate
    Poztate

Lawrence....I saw it on a Canadian T.V. program.It was quite a long time ago so I don't really recall. It might have been "The Fifth Estate"

I still have a old video (fifth estate) from about 1982 when Ray Franz was kicked out and they did a little expose of "the truth"™.It might have been on there.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Thanks Poztate, if you have the tape, let me know. It's really frustrating, this man defined our lives and beliefs, and we know so little about him. I can invent...

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Thanks Poztate, if you have the tape, let me know.

I'll try to look at them again (when my wife isn't around...good J Dub ) If I find it I will PM you.

POZ.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Thanks Poztate. I found a few things today... there is a former nurse of Fred Franz who is part of a website and has written a story about 'Fred Franz's Tie' (one can Askjeeves to find it). I sent this man in NY an email and asked if I could talk to him (he left Bethel a few years ago). Also, saw this quote on a site, that keeps me asking about Franz's drinking and how did he do those years with the mind mad Joseph (Stalin/Rutherford)?

"The second president Joseph Rutherford, on the otherhand, frequently consulted the "Ethanol Spirits" and relied on his theologist Fred Franz to make it all fit."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit