Fred Franz stories

by lawrence 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I relayed this story a little while ago, verified by Randy Watters. The GB made a decision that at Bethel morning breakfast everyone had to wear at least a jacket and tie, if not a suit. Freddy didn't like the idea so for a whole week he wore a ratty old t-shirt that said WHERE IN THE HELL IS MCCOOK NEBRASKA?

• Mulan
    Mulan

Two brothers (real brothers) were at Bethel in the early 70's. They told us a story about how at breakfast one day, an announcement was made that people had been taking plates and tableware to their rooms, and the dining room was running short. They asked everyone to bring them back at the next meal. At lunch, Fred Franz comes in with an armload of dishes, bowls, cups and tableware, that he could hardly carry. It made everyone laugh and applaud. He was embarrassed but took it well.

• Poztate
    Poztate

I don't recall a story but I do remember seeing a video.It was a video of an old,tired,burned out man having having his picture taken by a young bethelite.The look in his eyes told it all.This was not a man who was in control of all the earth (FDS) Poor Freddy...

• lawrence
    lawrence

This is great! Keep it coming. This is fun projecting the part of this lunatic, as well as the reasonings of this man behind closed doors. A "celebrated scholar" - as mad as hell and teaching us, excuse me, leading us into the Antitypical Ark, into the Spiritual Paradise. Thanks everybody. BTW - Did Franz drink? Postate - Do you have a copy of the film, or know where to get one? I'm portraying him just after January 1976, or maybe after Tishri 1975 passed by...

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Sorry, can't format with carriage returns using Firefox. I'll come back using IE.

Fats

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

The following link is an mp3 file (audio) of a snippet of Fred talking about 1975 when in Australia. You'll hear more "aaahh's" than an MD with a tongue depressor. Warning -- for those on dialup it takes awhile, it's nearly 1mb in size.

By the way, the audio file is available in its entirety on our friend Quotes web site. The GB would love to silence this one.

http://users.oeccwildblue.com/millerlr/1975_Fred_Franz_Austrailia_2.mp3

Fats

• lawrence
    lawrence

Thanks all. Fats - Yes, I listened to that one on "Quotes" site, and actually that was what got me into that mindset at the beginning of this summer. Isn't it interesting... after 1975/6 there are no more major prophetic tomes out of Herr Franz... Did he see things differently, or just burned out into the President's seat in Brooklyn?

• inquirer
    inquirer

Lawrence... about copying his voice.

I am not good at guessing WHERE accents come from exactly... But to me it sounds like a heavily-accented New York accent.

I might be crazy, but to me he sounds like Maxwell Smart on Get Smart! But his voice has a more serious tone and a lot more twang in his voice. It's kinda high pitched has well. He has some some rising internation, but all done at high picthed. The tones in his voice sounds trademark of a typical JW living in that time period.

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

http://users.oeccwildblue.com/millerlr/1975_Fred_Franz_Austrailia_2.mp3 He sounds like a confused old man to me. Really, how could anyone base their entire life and that of their children's on such thinking? Well, me, fool that I was. Thank you, powers that may be, not any more.

• VM44
    VM44

I also think another of Fred Franz's favorite phrases was "wishy washy", that goes along quite well with "dilly dally", does it not?

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit