DID YOU MEET ANY STRANGE PEOPLE ON THE DOORS?

by badboy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

?

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

All the time!

In fact, of all the benefits that have resulted from giving the JWs the heave-ho, the one I like the most is no longer having to tolerate all the strange people (both at the doors, and at the hall!)

I would have to admit, though, that in the first congregation I was with, the major employer in the district was a huge psychiatric hospital - that could have had something to do with it!

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

Oh yes plenty, depending on what area the ministry was in, you pretty much knew who would be the loons and who wouldn;t be! i always wanted some Mrs Robinson type to invite me in and teach me a thing or two, never happened though, mores the pity! I remember one brother at our hall, funny fella, on the service with him, and we knock on this door, some old chap comes to the door, and Dave (the brother) whips out hos wallet and goes "FBI" The old fella carked himself, i had to walk away because i was laughing so much!! Whata great pair we were!

• Room 215
    Room 215

Of course; but actually, the ones I met at the Kingdom Hall were usually the strangest folks I ever met!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Yup

at the doors

• one naked guy that wanted us to come in
    • a lady with huge cat posters in her place and who informed us that after she died she was definitely coming back as a cat

in the hall

• one woman who wore so much make-up I often wondered what she really looked like - it was like she wore a mask
    • one elder who could never keep his sentences intact. He would start one thought and end with another. It was always like having two conversations att he same time. People just passed it off that he was a genius and his mind worked faster than his mouth
    • my family
  • doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Yes

jehovahs witnesses

• joelbear
    joelbear

lets see there was:

guy with a gun

chainsaw face guy

pale pentecostal minister freak

drugged out lady

man mad for being woken up 1

man mad for being woken up 1278

tea cake lady

demonized 1/2 witness lady

people who thought I was insurance collector

• luna2
    luna2

Yes...quite a number of people, both opening the doors and standing next to me knocking. Lots of mentally ill folks (a favorite with a certain sister I regularly worked with). She had studies with at least two women who were able to live on their own, but just barely. I used to walk out of the one gal's filthy apartment and feel all itchy, couldn't wait to get home and take a shower.

Just thinking about it, I'm beyond happy that I no longer subject myself to that stuff.

It makes me cringe now because I'm sure I looked like a pretty strange person myself as I trotted around in my long dark skirts, sweaters and sensible flat shoes, anxiously clutching my oversized bookbag.

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

Well, someone had screwed up in assigning the territory. One guy was an apostate. Aside from that, not really.

• badboy
    badboy

joelbear,what does 1278 mean?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit