DID YOU MEET ANY STRANGE PEOPLE ON THE DOORS?

by badboy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

Yes, and the strangest one would follow you back to the KH to sign up.

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

Regular pioneering for eight years where the need is greater (read: where nobody else wanted to go) led to meeting quite a few freaks and having some amazing encounters. My dh and I talk about these characters over dinner as if we were discussing a good novel we'd read.

The lady whose dead daughter flew over the farm.

The lady who tried to remove our demons.

The man who started peeing off the side of the step right in front of us.

Talk about dirty, why was it that the people who had the most filthiest living conditions wanted bible studies. I remember having to dab purfume under my nose on many of those cat-urine, garbage stacked up for weeks, never saw a vacuum homes.

I could go on and on...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Oh hell yes

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

We used to have the strange people in our congregation calling on peoples doors.

There was this one brother in my congretation who I gave the name John Scary. Because he was soooo weird.

I remember he used to get some unsuspecting householder and PRACTICALLY read the entire magazine to them... We had a pioneer bro who told it like it was. He told John Scary not to do that and if he did it again he would leave him at the door. Well sure enough next opportunity he gets... BANG he's off on his spiel again. So Pioneer just goes in the middle of it "I warned you not to do that. I've had enough of you. Your on your own" and up'd and left right there and then. John Scary was so angry and embarrassed (when he emerged 1/2 an hour later) but he never did it again... He later became a dreaded apostate! shudder....!

• Preston
    Preston

I met a girl at the door who had a little dog cradeled in her arms. After I was done giving my presentation she held the dog up and the dog peed all over my shoes .... and then she closed the door in my face.

I knew I wasn't welcome at that point.

- Preston

• badboy
    badboy

ANY MORE FOR ANY MORE!

• Shania
    Shania

On a return visit at a very dirty house, I watched her change a dirty diaper of a 2 year old (messy smelly) on the kitchen table----go over to stove where she was cooking stew of some kind (without washing her hands)and start to stir the stew as we talked-----I went over to the stove to share a scripture, after reading it to her, I looked up to the spoon of stew being shoved into my mouth saying " taste this" alls I good think is bless this food lord so I don't die here..............................what we do in the name of a witness...............

• badboy
    badboy

SOME JWS DO HAVE THEM,AS SOME MIGHT PUT IT!

• thom
    thom

Joelbear:
    man mad for being woken up 1
    man mad for being woken up 1278
    LOL!
    I remember one woman who I think sincerely believed that Jesus came to Earth on a spaceship and at some point the ship was coming back to "take her home".
    I had just as many strange encounters delivering pizzas, maybe more. Just going to people's homes gives you opportunity to see all the various strange ways people live. Always hoping for the beautiful girl (sometimes she's actually there!). We had one customer (for pizza) we called diaper man. He was about 400 pounds and wore nothing but a jock strap every single time we delivered, which was everyday. A large supreme pizza and a six pack of Pepsi. He apparently wanted to maintain his shape.
    Guess where all the new delivery guys got sent? Yep. He didn't tip either.
    Surprisingly to me, the most pleasant (everytime) customer I ever delivered to was the wife of a local TV station general manager (Mrs. C. E. "Pep" Cooney). Even had her name on her checks that way.

• badboy
    badboy

There are some jws who think that the fact that mentally ill people are responding to the `message' is a sign that the end is near.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit