Anyone in, or know much about military service

by devinsmom 21 Replies latest jw friends

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I know a little served 25 years, also worked in Military Finance for 1 1/2 years. You can get support if he is actually in the military, His

being in the Marines and his name being on the birth certificate can help you greatly.

1. if name on certificate send it in to his unit commander lets them know he is a father and supposed to be responsible

2. get court order for support

3. People in finance will start subtracting a certain amount from his pay. (they need the paper work though not your word)

4. Part of support will be counted for child being a receipent of Military benefits (i.e. commissary priviledges, medical priviledges)

5. bitching about it and not doing anything about it accomplishes nothing.

6. Contact unit commander and maybe it can be handled via his office and get things straight.

7. Back pay could be an issue you have to show you were entitled to it. (court paper work)

8. Get legal documents showing he is responsible for support of child. This will help in several ways, a. if he is not being paid for having dependents, he will start getting that money, housing allowance for dependents is paid based upon zip code location, and his rank. That is money that could be coming directly to you. get your ducks in order, (legal paperwork birth certificate etc.) see a lawyer if nneded, and then go to military pay on base with this information or especially go to base legal first. then be patient, like all organizations it takes times to get the wheels grinding. The sooner you find out for sure he is in the military the better, then get the paper work going. buff

• troucul
    troucul

lol...he'll be a marine, whether he likes it or not. Glad I joined the army, got a lot of respect for those jarheads...

((alreadygone))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit