Anyone in, or know much about military service

by devinsmom 21 Replies latest jw friends

• under74
    under74
    but you are never, ever and ex-Marine.

my uncle is an ex-marine...and that's the way he calls it.

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

Remember people, this is a guy who isnt even man enough to be a father to his son, I doubt he will be man enough to be a marine or even go through with basic training. And if he does, his bitch ass wont last 2 days there.

-April

• daystar
    daystar

April,

I'm terribly sorry. I can somewhat understand what you're going through. My ex-wife has not paid any of her court-ordered child support either. She does call and talk to him sometimes and does see him (now) every other weekend. But it was a pain in the ass to get her to do that.

Maybe my ex and your ex should hook up.

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

daystar wrote:

Maybe my ex and your ex should hook up.

Haha, yeah exept, I wouldnt wish my ex on my worst enemy, maybe they deserve each other though.

-April

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Devinsmom- My ex husband joined the marines and the story sound so familiar. I have to tell you though. I have no idea how to get it out of them. It was like they hid him. I have heard that if you can find his superior officer or write the govenor...repeatedly, they do not like the publicity. Also ther is something. It has something to do with living allowance. He will probably get that for having a son with you. My ex did and I never saw it. It is something like a rent payment. You do not have to be married to get it and you also should recieve a card to shop VERY cheap on bases and have medical paid. I would highly recomend a call directly to his superiors. He will be in a lot of trouble for not paying though. Let me look and see how I fianally got mine caught up. He was behind roughly 5000 and one day I started getting checks for about 800-1000 a month till he was caught up.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Oh and in order for them to take him, I had to sign a paper saying that while he is in basic...6 months, I would waive it (his amount owed) and that when he was out I would get payments and I never did for close to 4 years. If they ask you to sign, I would see a lawyer, but something about that paper kept me from getting the money even longer than the 6 months. Like you I had a garnish on his wages and had just started getting some support when he went in. When he went in, I saw nothing. Raise a huge stink. Squeaky wheel really applies in this situation. The military will treat you right if you can get attention drawn to your situation.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Oh yeah, he got out a couple of years ago and now he pays on time. This was back in 96-2002 or 2004 I could not get any help.

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

short answer... Yes

Now you need to go back to court and request that the child support be taken directly out of his pay. The military takes child support/family issues VERY seriously. You could talk to his recruiter also to let him know the situation. Him joining the marine my be a blessing in disguise for you. Now you'll get the child support.

• outnfree
    outnfree

OK, April, the answer I got last night was similar to many of the others' above:

Yes, the Marines might take him without worrying about the impending jail sentence for non-support. The recruiter suggested that you support your ex in joining the Marines, but, like SparkPlug said, you would have to be willing to state that you could be solvent on your own for the time that he is passing basic. Once he is drawing a salary, you would write to the military, inform them about the deadbeat and your case, and they would begin taking support FIRST out of his military pay. Your son would also be eligible for medical and other dependents' benefits.

It's a risk, as you don't think he could make it through basic, but as you're not getting anything now, and actually, your ex can't make money while sitting in jail, it might be a risk worth taking.

Good luck!

Brenda

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

Thank you outnfree, I appreciate you checking on that for me

-April

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit