Sunday meeting was canceled??

by Rayvin 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

My mother got a call Sunday evening from her friend. She told her that the meeting Sunday was canceled because they were expecting the storm??!! Also that since it was canceled for Sunday they had the meeting on Saturday??!!! My parents were not called of the change so did not get a chance to make it to the meeting. (Yeah!) When my dad told me of this I said " You should call an elder and ask why they didn't make the effort to let EVERYONE know of the change , or to at least find out if its even true" He responds " I don't even want to mess with it.. really I am done " What? .. He is done! He will still fain interest for appearance sake or for my mothers sake but he I am sure in his heart of hearts has realized the REAL TRUTH. *(cleansing breath)* I couldn't be happier. I am sure that I still need to be careful with outwardly in front of them celebrating holidays that I am sure he still has a twinge of belief that are evil. But .. his heart isn't blind anymore!!!!!!

• skyman
    skyman

Great news. I celebrate for you.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Good for you. I think men are more likely to leave before the wives don't you think? I mean, I look around when I am at the meetings and I always see the same bunch of husbands nodding off to sleep. I think as women we can be more stubborn.

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

If that statistic is true.. maybe its because women are more about feelings. The feelings of love for everyone.. that everyone is family. That if you do this.. paradise will happen and everyone will be happy. Those are reasons to blindly believe because its a wonderful idea. And.. what else is there.. right?! Once the illusion of pure love and family is broken.. the more likely they start to see cracks.

Maybe men want to believe it too.. but can't completely see past the BS. However ,the POWER men hold in the religion is so great!! If you have a strong hold on it why leave?? Dad was a MS but was asked to step down because of me (what a great way to put guilt on me and build a wall between my dad and myself) because I was df'd and he apparently couldn't control his kids. Since he is out of the 'POWER' loop he was more open to see failure in the group.

btw.. just my opinion on the sub as IF the statistic were true. Not wanting to assume all women / men are to be put in either catagory.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think western religion in general tends to emasculate men. I mean, even in the regular churches it's usually the women running the sunday schools, the bake sales, the prayer circles, lighting the candles, laying out the sacrament, scrubbing behind the boys' ears, laying out the uncomfortable clothes, visiting the sick.

There's been a movement in evangelical circles to re-masculinize Christianity. Christian Biker Dudes and Promise Keepers and all that.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, and congrats, Rayvin!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

That's great Rayvin!

Kwin

• Es
    Es

Thats excellent news.

es

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

I tried calling his KH and there was no answer. You could tell dad is not wanting to know more then he does since he asked me " what would you do that for??" re: calling the KH.

• lawrence
    lawrence

So... I guess it's not that important any longer for everyone to go to meetings. Not a life or death issue, there will be no magic protection at the K.H. at Armageddon [insurance reasons]. I also guess that the Elder Body is not the Channel from God when the WTS is shut down by the Beast. There's no need for Elders to contact the flock, hell everybody for themselves - run to higher ground, mountains fall over ME. Soon meeting night will have the significance of Bingo Night. So much for Paul's commandment, "Let us not forsake the gathering of ourselves .... for Bingo Night."

Glad to hear that things are on the definite UPSWING for your family!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit