Are the chances of getting DF'd a second time greater than the first?

by JH 14 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I don't know if there are any statistics about this, but I wonder if the percentage of those getting disfellowshipped a second time greater than those getting disfellowshipped the first time.

Example: If 20% of JW's get disfellowhipped once, out of those who come back and are re instated, will the chances of being once more disfellowshipped be greater than 20%.

• JH
    JH

In other words, if you were DF'd once, does it mean that you are at a greter risk than others of being DF'd again.

Personally, I would think so.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Not sure, but in my case, yes!

• defd
    defd

That is hard to say JH. I would think it would be up to the INDIVIDUAL. If someone was disfellowshipped once (like I have been) Will they get disfellowshipped (disciplined) again? I would think it would be up to the INDIVIDUAL. I they learned from thier error and made steps to change and thay were very sorry for what they have done, than at the very least thay may not get DF for the SAMETHING. But who knows JH, one could get DF for a different reason. You posed a tough question to try to suppose.

• carla
    carla

If you get df'd once isn't your reputation always a bit in question anyway?

• defd
    defd

Carla yes it is but ONLY with the "FRIENDS" but not so with Jehovah God.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    If you get df'd once isn't your reputation always a bit in question anyway?

If you get DF'd, it's because the elders don't feel you are repentant. In other words, they feel that you have placed your desire to "sin" above your desire to serve Jehovah. If you are reinstated, then again sin, and again claim repentance, the fact that you were DF'd before weighs against the idea that you are repentant now. After all, if you were truly repentant, would you be putting yourself in a position to sin again? So yes, your chances of being DF'd is greater the second time around, because it is used as a factor in determining repentance. Dave

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

AA, all of that is true unless you're on the A-List (an elder's family). As to being more prone to be disfellowshipped, in my case the old boys always made me aware of the fact that I was under observation. So, it may be used as a factor in their decision, but I believe they watch for you to slip and in many cases anticipate it. Hence chances to run under their radar are lessened considerably which raises your chances of being caught and hauled up before the kangaroo court.

Sherry

• vitty
    vitty

Im ashamed to say, I was always a little wary of ppl whod been DFS. The reason being, that I was always told that its impossible to be wrongly DFs, that the person "wanted" to be DFs or that they tried to cover up and lied about the sin they had committed.

I know now by all the experiences related here that that is not always the case. Ive heard of really harrowing stories.

If most JWs felt like me no wonder they had a hard time getting back in the org and then knowing how everyone judges them !!!! I think a lot of ppl must just give up and think to hell with it and then get DFs again.

• kid-A
    kid-A

From my observations, definitely yes. They seem to operate in their own little legal system. At your "trial", the prosecution is ALWAYS allowed to present evidence from your prior 'convictions', regardless if you have long ago repented and been "exonerated".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit