UK "shoot to kill" - mixed up justice

by Simon 58 Replies latest social current

• Angharad
    Angharad
    And its ignorant of you to believe that the police in pursuit of this man knew that his visa had expired. He could have been anyone

I don't know whether they knew or not , but even if they did it does not excuse what they did.

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

And what exactly do you do for a living Angharad and how many years experience in the field of surveillance and policing/terrorism control do you have?

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Please realise that i'm not trying to make excuses for the police, but neither am I making excuses for Mr Menzes!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The counter-claim is that he was never shouted, just followed, grabbed and shot.

If all you've got is that he's at fault for being in the wrong country at the wrong time, then look over your shoulder next time you take an extended lunch-break, Karma wants a word with you...

This isn't Brazil, and generally we balk at seeing gun in airports, far less being brandished and emptied on a tube train. Besides, how was he to know his complex was under observation?

He deserved to be deported, but not in a box! Of course those guilty (including the white-washers) are responsible. There is no way they are obsolved in this, no more than the hit and run driver is because you didn't clock back into work on time!

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

" then look over your shoulder next time you take an extended lunch-break, Karma wants a word with you."

Im just trying to understand this statement in the context that I have recently introduced myself as a black man?

• Angharad
    Angharad
    And what exactly do you do for a living Angharad and how many years experience in the field of surveillance and policing/terrorism control do you have?

What has my work experience got to do with anything? They had every opportunity to detain and search him on the way to the station, they didn't - do you really think that firing eight bullets into someones heads is a controled police response?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

What has your racial background got to do with my comments?

I couldn't care less if you sport a turban, lipstick, kilt and spurs. If you take an extended liunch-break you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, if you get hit by said car...

That's all Menzes was guilty of.

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Ok mate, sorry I was having a bad half hour. Slightly touchy. Apologies.

• Ellie
    Ellie

I don't believe any of us know all the facts of what happened and so its really not worth getting heated about.

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

I'll drink to that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit