UK "shoot to kill" - mixed up justice

by Simon 58 Replies latest social current

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Didnt the SAS under Margaret Thatcher have a shoot-to-kill policy that resulted in the death of 3 IRA men on Gibraltar

The differance being of course,that the Ira vermin on that occasion (1988 i think?) were culpable in many Murders ..the 3 on Gibraltar just happened to not be in possession of a detonator that particular Day..still,3 less genuine terroprists eh...as opposed to a completely innocent Man.

Minimus..it would appear there really isnt more to this recent Story the Police majorly fucked up.

• jstalin
    jstalin

The state will do whatever necessary to protect its own power. Political party and ideology don't matter. The power of the state is held above all.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

The Menezes killing was a ,istake but no big deal,if the guy hadn't run then he wouldn't have got shot. What sort of idiot runs onto the underground when challenged by armed police just days after a terrorist bombing? If I were an armed police officer I would have shot first rather than risk the chance of another bomb on the underground.

Hindsight is 20:20 and I am damn sure you would be bitching alot harder if the guy had been one of the second wave of would be bombers and he had been successful in killing more innocents.

• avishai
    avishai

Yeah, SLH, but apparently, the cops were plainclothes and he was just running for his train. And they held him down and THEN shot him.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

SLH:
    The latest report is that he left the complex of apartments in a thin denim jacket (potentially just as the stakeout was returning from the toilet), took a bus to the nearest underground, walked through the turnstyle, picked up a paper, then ran to his train which was just about to depart. He then sat down and started reading the paper.

Next moment he was grabbed by one guy and shot in the head eight times by another, with other shots fired and at least one bullet going astray.

He probably didn't know what hit him...

Then a story was concocted about him wearing a thick padded jacket, him jumping the turnstyles after the police told him to stop, etc., etc.

There was a camera on the train that showed him in the denim jacket, in a pool of his own blood

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

People always ask 'Why doesn't Blair listen?'. It's not his job to listen, it's his job to push forward an agenda! Met head boy Ian Blair is part of the same network of fascists which run this country. Did you hear on the few days after 7/7 he let slip that we will see 'order out of chaos'?.

• Ellie
    Ellie

I'm with Minimus on this

• Ellie
    Ellie

One might argue it was a breach of the Official Secrets Act, I can understand a protest disclosure but surely it mightn't have been better to wait till after the report.

Now all we have is wild specualtion and nobody seems able to seperate fact from opinion.

• Simon
    Simon
    The Menezes killing was a ,istake but no big deal,if the guy hadn't run then he wouldn't have got shot. What sort of idiot runs onto the underground when challenged by armed police just days after a terrorist bombing? If I were an armed police officer I would have shot first rather than risk the chance of another bomb on the underground.

SLH - the police have since admitted that ALL the stories that they put out about his behaviouir and actions were LIES.

He didn't run, didn't jump the barrier, didn't act suspiciously, didn't have a large coat on a hot day etc ...

He just had the misfortune to go to work when the keystone cops were on duty and they'd been given guns.

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

But he WAS in this country illegally, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit