Have you or would you relocate 4 love ?

by oldflame 27 Replies latest jw friends

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

I have been asked to relocate by someone I love very much, and I am considering it but I have family responsibilities. I told him we would have to wait until the end of the year for my decision. *Sigh*

• jgnat
    jgnat

HappyDad was ready to make the leap, but the romance fizzled partway through. So it might be worth a leap but don't burn your bridges.

I commuted a 300 KM stretch of highway every weekend for one entire winter. Then HE relocated cities to be with ME.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I relocated 6000 kilometres for love. We got married and then later divorced many, many years later.

I would do it again for the right person.

Dams ( Congrats by the way! that's great news )

• ballistic
    ballistic
    We got married and then later divorced many, many years later.

Hey Dams, surely it can't be many, many, many, many years later - you're only 29!

• damselfly
    damselfly

Sadly yes it was

I moved out when there when I was 18, got married at 22 and divorced ( well it's still not legally final ) at 28. It feels like it was many, many years ago.

Dams

• free2beme
    free2beme

I would, if it meant happiness with someone you love. My only concern would be how strong the relationship is. As many people do relocate, only to have a weak relationship that finds them left alone in an area they do not know or do not have connections within. So often they end up back where they were from, before leaving.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I would, if it meant happiness with someone you love. My only concern would be how strong the relationship is. As many people do relocate, only to have a weak relationship that finds them left alone in an area they do not know or do not have connections within. So often they end up back where they were from, before leaving.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Me too, she was 18, I was 20 when we got married. It lasted two years. It does seem like many many years ago!!!

• damselfly
    damselfly

Yes, I have high expectactions for my thirties!!! It needs to be the decade when I get all my issues under control and take back control of my life. I'm looking forward to it.

Dams

• ballistic
    ballistic

I've spent the first four years of my thirties on here! Does that sound a bit sad???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit