Real Christians.....

by Honesty 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

1. Were among the first to respond to the Tsunami of 2004 and Hurricane Katrina with food, water, shelter, clothing, comfort, etc. and provided relief efforts to every person they came in contact with regardless of religious beliefs.

2. Point to Jesus as the only source of true happiness in today's world of uncertainty

3. Utilise 'worldly' holidays to focus attention on God's love for mankind.

4. Welcome you in no matter how many tattoos or body piercings you adorn your body with.

5. Pray for everything and at a moment's notice. (Isaiah 56:7; Mark 11:17)

6. Don't use 1,000's of publications to promote themselves as God's voice to mankind.

7. Let the bible interpret itself through other scriptures (example: Acts 11:26 and 15:14).

8. Don't pass judgement on other sinners. They let God judge while they minister to people and exhort them to allow the Holy Spirit to lead them.

9. Don't claim to have the 'only' truth from God's Word.

10. Promote moral values that mirror what the bible teaches.

• poppers
    poppers

2. Point to Jesus as the only source of true happiness in today's world of uncertainty

Does this statement make it true? Would, say, a Buddhist agree with this? Seems to me this statement implies that nobody but "Real Christians" can find true happiness - are you pointing to this as a verifiable 'truth' or as a belief held by a particular group?

• kid-A
    kid-A

Don't claim to have the 'only' truth from God's Word.

Therefore, are you admitting that god may have just as likely communicated his truths in the Koran, the Bhagavad Gita, The Hindu Scriptures, the Torah ?

How can this be is "jesus" is the only true source of happiness? I know plenty of very happy muslims, buddhists and jews!!

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Sad and Interesting how just below the koom-by-ya facade of Christian beliefs lies the ultimate engine of destruction and death. Such distorted beliefs breeds much suffering and conflict.

Many a dedicated Christian would watch smiling as their tiny god killed every other man, woman and child and earth, and then would bow and sing praises to it as the most holy and loving. Fundamental religious beliefs are an expression of morbid insanity dipped in honey.

That said, there seems a natural desire to enter into union with our Source. That we unquestionably reduce and belittle within our minds our hearts-desire to a murderous deity which belongs to only our special little club, is where the problems begin; big time.

j

• hmike
    hmike

Hi Honesty,

I remember a few months back you posted your very remarkable testimony about your gifts, yet it went virtually unnoticed. I don't know if you have repeated in since then, so let me give you a very belated word of appreciation.

Anything you have to say is worth taking notice of.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    2. Point to Jesus as the only source of true happiness in today's world of uncertainty Does this statement make it true? Would, say, a Buddhist agree with this? Seems to me this statement implies that nobody but "Real Christians" can find true happiness - are you pointing to this as a verifiable 'truth' or as a belief held by a particular group? poppers

A belief held by a particular group.

Therefore, are you admitting that god may have just as likely communicated his truths in the Koran, the Bhagavad Gita, The Hindu Scriptures, the Torah ?How can this be is "jesus" is the only true source of happiness? I know plenty of very happy muslims, buddhists and jews!! Kid-A

Again... Real Christians. I have never heard a Hindu, Muslim, or Jew (other than Jews 4 Jesus) refer to themselves as Christian and still hold to the beliefs found in the Koran, Hindu Scriptures or Torah.

Sad and Interesting how just below the koom-by-ya facade of Christian beliefs lies the ultimate engine of destruction and death. Such distorted beliefs breeds much suffering and conflict. Many a dedicated Christian would watch smiling as their tiny god killed every other man, woman and child and earth, and then would bow and sing praises to it as the most holy and loving. Fundamental religious beliefs are an expression of morbid insanity dipped in honey. James Thomas
    Dedicated doesn't necessarily mean Real, does it? I know plenty of dedicated JW's but hardly would consider them Real Christians because of their denial of Christ.
  • tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

sheer hubris.

to say that JWs are not true xians, is just as childish as them saying that you are not a true xian.

7. Let the bible interpret itself through other scriptures (example: Acts 11:26 and 15:14).

jehovahs witnesses do this too.

xians. jehovahs witnesses. muslims. jews. there is no real important difference between any of them.

i don't understand how xians can leave one sect (JWs) and just sign up with a different one. it's all about interpretation of metaphors.

"real christians"? come on, really now.

TS

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Dear Honesty,

It looks as if your Christian teaching are true, in the sense that it looks as if you are being persecuted for preaching in the name of your god.

It does not mean we are bad people; more likely simple, caring and intelligent folks that see considerable unreasonableness in worshiping a man-god who will harm you if you don't worship it. Perhaps we are too in awe of an infinite and wondrous universe to attribute it to an inadequate deity who is seen as less genuinely caring than most people. I mean no one here is going to bring any harm to you and your family simply because you do not bow to them.

j

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

What is a true Christian? In my mind Christian is merely a label to describe one who makes an effort to live by the teachings of Jesus Christ. What separates the “true” Christians from the not so “true”?

“2. Point to Jesus as the only source of true happiness in today's world of uncertainty”

I agree that by definition a true Christian must use Jesus Christ as their primary and only example of how to model their life.

“3. Utilise 'worldly' holidays to focus attention on God's love for mankind. “

That must be why my local shopping mall is such a pleasant place to be from the end of November to December 25 th , huh?

“5. Pray for everything and at a moment's notice. (Isaiah 56:7; Mark 11:17) “

I do work with a self proclaimed “Christian” who sure does a lot of praying.

“6. Don't use 1,000's of publications to promote themselves as God's voice to mankind.”

Agreed.

“8. Don't pass judgement on other sinners. They let God judge while they minister to people and exhort them to allow the Holy Spirit to lead them.”

Who among us isn’t quick to pass judgement? After all why else would first impressions be so important?

“9. Don't claim to have the 'only' truth from God's Word.”

The same “Christian” I work with that prays a lot also claims to have the only truth from God’s word.

“10. Promote moral values that mirror what the bible teaches.”

Agreed.

• Dawn
    Dawn

Honesty:

Don't use 1,000's of publications to promote themselves as God's voice to mankind

One of my favorite quotes “Preach the gospel at all times. Use words if necessary.” Preaching the gospel through who we are and how we treat others is more powerful than any words we could ever speak.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. ~Mahatma Ghandi

James Thomas:

Many a dedicated Christian would watch smiling as their tiny god killed every other man, woman and child and earth, and then would bow and sing praises to it as the most holy and loving

I do not agree with your assessment. I am a christian, and find no joy at all in the thought of anyone dying. It bothers me so deep in my soul that I struggle from time to time with my faith because I can not reconcile the thought of a God of love who would kill children in a flood, or an ancient war, by egyptian plague, or any other means because they were not born into the right family (aka - religion). This brings me to wonder how much of these things have been blamed on God by an ancient culture in an attempt to explain their world.

Since I have become a Christian I have seen only good things in God. This leads me to wonder how much of this blame really lies with him. After all, it seems everyone is quick to point the finger at God for every bad thing that happens - but he is not the only one involved in this war for our souls.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit