Ridicolous JW folklore

by Hellrider 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

The thread about this one, had K.I.S.S in the title. That reminded me about something funny. When I was a kid, the biggest rockband in the world was KISS. And so, just like my friends at school, I wanted to have posters on the wall and stuff, but of course I wasn`t allowed to. Then we kids in the congregation were told by some of the older kids, that KISS stood for "Kids In Satans Service". And another heavy metal band, WASP, stood for "We Are Satans People". It`s just bs, of course, but back then we believed it. So I had to hide my fascination for KISS.

Anyone know any other similar stories?

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

exactly the same crap was told to us as kids too!, although it was Knights in Satans Service, oh how we laughed and went home and rocked to Detroit Rock City anyway! Luckily my mom and dad had good taste in music and encouraged us to listen to the music! I thank them at least for that, oh and Carol King and James Taylor.... my musical keystones!

I remember also some whacko sisters complaining to my mum about me dressing like Phil Oakey from human League for a brief period! "Its just a phase sister" wait till he starts listening to The Cure!

• under74
    under74

I thought it was Knights In Satan's Service too...I was real young when they were at there peak but I remember staying over at my uncles and he had a collection of KISS records in the room I was supposed to sleep in. I was soooo scared. I knew the demons were just waiting for me to go to sleep so they could float from the records in some kinda dark cloud form and try to get in me.

Um...I wasn't supposed to listen to Prince and Michael Jackson was apostate because of Thriller.

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

I used to go to my mates house after school, and listen to the Beastie Boys when they came out! They rocked! My dad had some crazy stuff in his collection, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Ozark Mountain Daredevils.. We used to have the group at our house on a Tuesday night, some nosy buggers would always comment about our record collection, we evven had, shcok horror, Thriller!!!!

• under74
    under74

wow...your family must've been some of those "light-weight JWs" my mom always talked about

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy
    wow...your family must've been some of those "light-weight JWs" my mom always talked about

Yeah, mum a regular pioneer, dad the Presiding Overseer, sisters both pioneers, me and my brother publishers, we were light weight alright!!! It was never enough was it, oh what a futile waste of time ahahhahaha, I remember to this day the day my dad got disfellowshipped for being a player (nice one dad) and looking over at his next in line, some toady brown noser of an elder, literally saying "yes" through his teeth and clenching his fist barely containing his excitement, he practically came there and then! Man i wanted to smash his face in that second, i had to get up and leave, so i let his tyres down in the carpark!!!

• under74
    under74

that brown noser sounds an awful lot like my grandfather....although my gradfather was more of the rumor starter type and then stayed low during the fall-out. Never did let the air out of his tires but I did throw rocks at his car after my DFd grandmother died and he said Jehovah did it.

• carla
    carla

I love these threads. I especially liked the 'toys not allowed' thread! It just reinforces the silliness of the wt. But I am sorry all of you had to live it. Sometimes I read some things and I can tell a few of you are probably about my age (by music that was popular or cartoons, etc..) and I just sit in absolute wonder at how different your lives were. And all due to the wt. I am sorry. Still it is fascinating to me. How parents can give such control over their own families to this org.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

I was young too, I was born in 1973. But we knew about KISS from around the 3rd grade, or something like that, there was always someone who had an older brother who had the albums, etc. Oh yeah, Detroit rock city was good. And "I was made for loving you baby, you was made for loving meeee". I think "knights" must have changed till "kids" on the way over the atlantic. How weird, that this strange belief was the same in the US and in Australia too. But I`ve seen it before, someone mentioned on this forum once about not being supposed to eat brown eggs, because they had blood in them, and I remember my grandmother had that belief too. So weird. It`s like we`re in this secret society or something, ha ha.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

How about AC/DC,which was suppose to mean anti-christ/death christ.Or "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" by the Charlie Daniels Band.No good little j-dub listened to that kind of music.

Goldminer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit