Emotional blackmail

by mkr32208 21 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Got this email from my mother the other day... This is just the "witness" part... I sent my brother a letter the other day after we had a big fight you can read that here...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/98316/1.ashx

Anyway here it is;

Just FYI, no need to reply because I know it will not make a difference to you but last night at the study ******** got so choked up about you that he could not finish for crying. You don't realize how much he loves you. I am sorry your choice (and I realize you have the right to make a choice) is moving you so far from the family. But...your choice to make...just sorry about it...still love you. mom

GOD DAMN CULTIST! I mean for real what the F*ck did she expect me to say? Oh well I'm sorry I guess the GB aren't completly FULL OF bull$hit and I'll be at the meeting wed night!? I mean WTF is the matter with these WHACKOS!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I mean WTF is the matter with these WHACKOS!

Ummm they are under the influence of a mind-controlling borg that removes all natural affection and puts the fear of the borg into them

Sometimes it really is hard to pity them

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

they're high on their religion, and you're bringing them down. karl marx nailed it man. cognitive dissonance is like going into withdrawl. you have caused that, ergo the stress and crying.

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

They are being forced to choose between two loyalties, and the one forcing the issue is supposed to be the good one.

• heathen
    heathen

LOL --- Yah they love ya but can't call you on the phone because the friggen org. will tear them a new one if they get caught . That's love for ya .

• luna2
    luna2

They are so convinced that they are the only people on earth with a god in their pocket, that everyone but themselves are merely animated dead people, and that a bunch of men living in Brooklyn speak for Jah and must be obeyed at all cost...that they will use any means to try to suck people into their cult, especially loved ones. Emotional blackmail, theocratic warfare (outright lies and misinformation), abusive language, shunning are all justified to get the desired result of influencing you to come back ...or to at least demonstrate to the angry, murderous diety they serve that they're on his side and, therefore, deserving of the big carrot he's been dangling in front of their nose for so many years.

It's frustrating, hurtful and sad, but you aren't dealing with rational people here.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Can anyone enlighten me as to what aspect of following in Jesus' footsteps do JW's adhere?

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Some of my family members started shunning me when I started to miss meetings.I guess that was their way of "encouraging one another".I found this to be cult mentality,shunning till you get back in line and the we'll accept you in our circle again.What a crock...uh,geez,where is that in the bible again?

Goldminer

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

Jesus went door-to-door.

• miss_ellie
    miss_ellie

its so crazy!!!!

i was wondering...when you start to study do they tell you things like that you will have to sever all contact with non members etc and also that if people dont believe us then they are against us?

ellie x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit