New Awake blasts internet and newspapers.

by integ 26 Replies latest jw friends

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

"When anyone is replying to a matter before he hears [it], that is foolishness on his part and a humiliation."
    Proverbs 18:13 (nwt)

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Well this is just shocking news. I can’t imagine the WBTS telling the rank and file to stay away from the Internet. I wonder why they would do something like this? Hmmmmm….

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

jaffacake and vm44
    Great minds think alike! :)

• VM44
    VM44

Here is something some newspapers have done when a JW convention comes to town.

The newspaper prints an article about the Witnesses and the convention, and then delivers the papers to places around where the convention is being held so that the JWs will buy copies of the paper.

The newspapers do this so as to increase sales. Sneaky aren't they?

--VM44

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Reading the Awake is equivalent to a college education did you not know?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    There's also the article "Jicama....a healthful

Mexican snack", that I found most fascinating. I'm sure you will too.

LMAO!!

• Soledad
    Soledad

not sneaky that's good marketing!

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

The WT is against the internet and newspapers???? Both easily obtainable sources of information????

NO WAY!!!!

not sneaky that's good marketing!
    I wonder if they once read an Awake! article about marketing??? Surely the college degree didn't have anything to do with them being good at their jobs!
  • Smiles
    Smiles
    talking to. The article talks about the fact there are websites up that claim to be for Jehovahs Witnesses, but are really apostate websites in

disguise. The article also warns of the dangers of ...NEWSPAPERS!!! Newspapers often do not tell the truth about things and we must use

discernment in determining what is true and what may be lies.

Integ, Good topic.

People should use the same discernment when reading anything even WT literature. How can a youth or anyone else be sure that the REAL apostates and liars are not at the WT?

Cygnus, I agree with you, the WT does practice "information control" and that should make an honest person curious about what the WT does not want people to know.

• oldflame
    oldflame

I can remembeer wheen the internet when it first came out full force in the home, the witnesses claiming how evil it was, then all of a sudden most witnesses had a computer and internet. So I guess all those dubs are getting their internet turned off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit