New Awake blasts internet and newspapers.

by integ 26 Replies latest jw friends

• integ
    integ

The October 1st Awake has a stern warning for "young ones" to stay away from witness websites. They could actually be apostates you are

talking to. The article talks about the fact there are websites up that claim to be for Jehovahs Witnesses, but are really apostate websites in

disguise. The article also warns of the dangers of ...NEWSPAPERS!!! Newspapers often do not tell the truth about things and we must use

discernment in determining what is true and what may be lies. In fact, that is the cover story. There's also the article "Jicama....a healthful

Mexican snack", that I found most fascinating. I'm sure you will too.

Integ.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I remember reading an interesting Awake article about peanuts. Written on a 5th grade level but it was still interesting.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I read an article once in Scientific American - no, wait - it was National Geographic - no, it was the Awake magazine and it said that Alzheimer's disease could be caused by titanium uranium aluminum, I think. ..... Damn, I must be drinking too much beer out of aluminum cans. I'm sure glad I read the Awake magazine instead of wasting my time in college!

I think we should send the society the following evidence. They could selectively quote the article and make it into an Awake cover story!

W

• georgefoster
    georgefoster

I hate that fucking magazine and every night in bed watching my wife read that tripe. Getting dumber by the minute. I could have blown my head off.

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

Movable type? If the serfs find out about this, there could be a revolt!

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Information control. How terrifying. Now JWs will (even more) distrust printed material. While it's good to have a skeptical attitude, to totally dismiss something without even looking at it is ghastly, especially when being TOLD to. ("Sheep, thought I.." - Alex DeLarge from A Clockwork Orange)

• jaffacake
  • jaffacake
    jaffacake

Cygnus

your Clockwork Orange quote reminds me of a scriptural quote but I can't find it. Something like...to reject something before even hearing it is folly indeed...or something similar.

• VM44
    VM44

jaffacake,

Is this the scripture you were thinking of? --VM44

Proverbs 18:13

"If one gives answer before hearing, it is folly and shame." (NRSV)

"When anyone is replying to a matter before he hears [it], that is foolishness on his part and a humiliation." (NWT)

• Soledad
    Soledad

Ah, they warn against newspapers too, but when a favorable article about Jehovah's Witnesses is published, they gloat and parade the article around don't they!

Hypocrites!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit