Explain monogamy to me

by joelbear 28 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

My preferred social construct would be a group of 5 to 10 men sharing space, chores, well everything.

If I were heterosexual I think I would prefer the same situation, 2 or 3 families living together and sharing all.

Actually I believe this should be a worldwide goal, total community in every sense of the word.

I see no advantage served by social and sexual diads.

Please explain it to me.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    I see no advantage served by social and sexual diads.

Some guys just don't like sloppy taco's.

u/d(of the won't even share a straw class)

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

I think Penn & Teller did a show on this, about the "traditional" family structure being a recent construct.

I don't think most people would be able to handle a situation like you describe Joel, it seems most like being exclusive to another person.

• jgnat
    jgnat

My African relatives explained how the multiple-wives thing works back home. The key is to be named number-one wife. The number-one wife sets the bedroom schedule and assigns various household chores to the rest of the wives. I immediately sensed the opportunities in this arrangement. It sure would relieve a good part of the workload. It is a rare man, however, who can handle more than one wife (IMO).

• kid-A
    kid-A

Jnat,

I can barely handle the ONE I got !!!! LOL

• gaybeat
    gaybeat

Like an extended family, I wanted to try, but you know the biggest pitfall is money and who's contributing. Contribute enough money and you don't have to do chores but others think your being unfair. Contribute too little money and your 12 hours of chores will be seen as nothing because you don't actually have a good job.

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

Its a case of "cake and eating it" i think!

We have been conditioned to think this is normal, and history has selectively omitted the fine times we had when we were polygamous. I personally would shudder at the thought of having for than one wife, imagine the earache after coming in from a hard days graft and theres more than one wife jabbering on about how crap a day shes's had looking after your multiple wives kids.....

I reckon we would do well if we dropped the sexual boundries that bind us though, if people werent so hung up on the way a man is, he needs that open sex field yet has the capacity to love only one in the same instance. I'm sure that would solve a lot of problems.

• jstalin
    jstalin

I'm perfectly happy living alone. I would go nuts if I had to live with other families.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I can only handle one person in my life at a time..

I had a threesome once with a bf and his friend and THAT DID NOT WORK out well.. he got jealous cuz he thought i liked his friend more ..

that was enough of a taste of multiple partners for me in a relationship.. no thanks

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I like the extended family arrangement you often see in asian households. It can be efficient economically. But, I also think that if the wrong person lived in that set up, and tried to boss the others, then it would become unpleasant and a drag.

I would be willing to explore a small group of couples living together, but not sleeping together. And maybe not living in the same house, but say, on the same farm or small plot of land.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit