Another newbie here...

by tall penguin 42 Replies latest jw friends

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Thank you all for your warm welcome. It feels good to be out in the open with my story. It's like I'm breaking the covenant with my past and taking back my power. Thank you for sharing in my journey. I look forward to getting to know you all well.

In faith, hope and love,
    tall penguin

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

((((((tall penguin))))))

as a fellow nOOb here, i know how empowering it is to take control over your life. Your description of the "mental rape" you received by the elders rang a huge bell in my head, thats what troubled me during one of my "kangaroo court hearings" i had many years ago when i done the deed with a sister. They are the biggest bunch of arrogant, lewd perverts going, yet absolve themselves of the anguish they cause. They are so out of touch with their people skills its appalling. If they were employees, bound by a code of conduct they would all be sacked!
    I hope you work out your self belief issues, and become the person you are, its a hard road to take and consider yourself a lucky person, you got out, theres many poor sisters and brothers still accepting this False Prophets word as gospel!

• Legolas
    Legolas

((((((((Welcome to the board)))))))

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, tall penguin. Reading newcomer's stories is one of my favorite things here on JWD. I suspect God made you a sensitive soul. Now, in your chosen profession, you can build in to the lives of many children so they don't suffer as you did.

Just kidding, though, you could have saved yourself a lot of trouble if you didn't confess so much!

• damselfly
    damselfly

Hello and welcome Tallpenquin!! It's nice to have another Canadian on the board.

So in October 1999 I was disfellowshipped.

Me too. I tried for re-instatment half heartedly and became digusted by the hoops myself and my family were being required to jump thru. I walked away and know it was the right decision for me.

Dams

• jstalin
    jstalin

Welcome to the board. Though I'm not a JW and never was, I do understand how theraputic it can be to talk to other people who have been through the same things you have. There are plenty of people on here who have shared similar stories to yours.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

welcome tall! hope to see you around!

Fortunately, I'm 31 and have a lot to look forward to.

awesome, good for you!

cheerio,

TS

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Welcome.... make yourself at home!

Coffee

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Glad you are here, TallPenquin,

I really enjoyed reading your history. It is good for others who relate to your experience too.

I feel happier these days although the anger, grief and hurt sometimes overwhelm me. It is the realization that I made so many bad decisions based on wrong information and as a result suffered so much pain and abuse and have lost so much time.

Some day you will not feel this pain. In fact, some day you may look back at this period of your life as a training period and opportunity to grow. Life is not going to be all fun. If we learn from the painful part we eventually evolve spiritually and emotionally to where we would not give up a moment of the past for fear it might change the present. I hope you find it this way.

Steve

• I quit!
    I quit!

Hi Tall Penguin,

Do you think if you submitted your story to the Awake magazine they'd it? You would have to change it just a little.

Nice to meet you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit