Technically, it's not a miracle. But it IS a miracle for me.

by bebu 42 Replies latest jw friends

• bebu
    bebu

The neurosurgeon called it glioblastoma.

The radiologist affirmed it was glioblastoma.

--Glioblastoma is the brain cancer tumor that they diagnosed for my mother last Friday from her MRI results. Glioblastoma has about a 12-18 month life expectancy after successful surgery.

And today was her surgery. I called my dad after the surgery was ended this evening, and asked how it went.

My dad strangely put my husband on the phone to explain things (my husband went up to help them thru the pre-op and all).

It wasn't glioblastoma! There wasn't a tumor there at all!

Instead, it is (the neurologist had said) an extremely rare kind of presentation of Multiple Sclerosis in the brain. Neither this neursurgeon nor the anasthesiologists had seen anything like it before, and they are going to research how many other surgeons have ever found what they did. They were very surprised.

The prognosis for MS and glioblastoma are worlds apart. My mother is 64, and will be able to deal with MS for many years with medication. There is no such grace with glioblastoma.

Technically, it is not a miracle. But my dad calls it a miracle, and my dad's opinion counts for a lot (to me!).

My dad says they are knee-deep in confetti at the hospital right now, and stunned with joy.

May I say it?.....

Halleluia!!!!!

bebu

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

This is fantastic news!!!

• Preston
    Preston

Praise Goddess!

- Preston

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

WOW miracle or not..... its freakin AMAZING!

i'm so happy for you and your family!

hugs!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Fantastico !

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Ohhhhhh, Bebu!!! That is DEFINITELY in the miracle category! I'm so happy for yall, cher!

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

Hugs,

Frannie

• evita
    evita

So happy for you all...thanks for sharing your news.
    Eva

• fifi
    fifi

Hi Bebu,

Glad to hear that your mum's condition is not what it appeared to be. However, with MS, your mother should begin treatment as soon as possible. I was diagnosed with MS 12 years ago although we have since discovered that I've probabaly had it since as young as age 11. I started interferon injection treatment about 10 months ago. If you live in the UK, you should find out about how easy/difficult it will be for your mother to have access to this treatment and also how does her prognosis differ from more commonly encountered forms of MS. Also, healthy living and diet have a huge impact on MS. If you want any more info or just talk, PM me.

Fifi

• I quit!
    I quit!

I'm happy for you and your family!! Nice to hear some good news.

• bebu
    bebu

Thanks, fifi. I know MS is going to be a real journey. 12 years is a long time to deal with a disease! I hope you are not experiencing many exacerbations/flare ups. I think others on this board are dealing with MS, too. It is not a picnic.

But it sure beats glioblastoma!!!!

It is hard to believe that I can feel thankful for it, but I am. Very odd, perhaps!

I don't know if they are going to start her on any medication before her neurolgoy appt. next week, but I know that they will be doing something very soon.

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit