HIPAA vs Theocracy -- Can JW's Be Trusted?

by Robert_V_Frazier 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• rebel8
    rebel8

Scully, have you considered sending that story to ajwrb.org? I wonder if it would interest them for their online archives.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    I wrote that I was required by law not to divulge confidentiak information (although that was exactly what I was doing),

That's what all "good" Dubs do...

That's what's so scary.

It's like..."I'm not one to gossip...but do you hear about so and so...."

If it wasn't so serious...it'd be HILARIOUS! Remember the In Living Color skit?

u/d

• upside/down
    upside/down

Ooops...to answer the question....HELL NO!

u/d

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

It has been my observation that they would breach a confidentiality and cause a problem for their employer. How could you expect otherwise?

I wonder if a law were to be passed in which a religious organization could be sued over this if their stance would change.

???

• upside/down
    upside/down

Also...all witnoids are trained to live for the opportunity to "suffer for righteousness sake"...so they actually WANT a sitch like this to develop.

I've known many a Dub to MAKE persecution where there is none.

They live for they day they might be portrayed as a martyr....might even get them on the DC.

Dubs....are suckers for drama...especially if THEY are involved. They don't have much else...

They also truly believe that doing things like stirring the pot will ensure Jojoba's blessing and that they are helping the angels...

They are pests...in need of extermination (the religion that is....)

u/d (of the Orkin class)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

UpsideDown:

Funny what you said about them looking for a situation in which they might be portrayed as martyrs. It reminds me of the 1970s (in the era of the Billy Jack movies) when everybody who had a drop of American Indian ancestry was looking to feel like a martyr over the smallest thing. It got to be ridiculous.

• upside/down
    upside/down

I hear ya...

I think EVERYONE has a little indian in them these days...since most of our ancestors (not mine...we got here in the 1940's) were raping and pillaging the natives...so there's bound to be a little injun in your bloodline somewhere...

As for me I'm from the Awopahoe tribe...with a smidgin of Schmoehawk...lol!

No offense to any REAL natives...

Anyway... you still can't trust a Dub as far as you can toss the Aid book.

u/d(of the I gave these guys a good name...dammit...class)

• horrible life
    horrible life
    If the one under suspicion had, in effect, resigned from being a member, not having attended any meetings for some time and not identifying herself as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, they might choose to let the matter rest until such time as she did begin to identify herself again as a Witness.

Yes, wait until they decide that they need Jehovah's help, Get dressed, Drive to the KH, Get the nerve up to walk through the door, Then the brothers can RIP her a new one!!! Nothing says love like a MOB bunch of JW'S. HL

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I remember that article...floored me even when I was a JW! Some people can't keep their mouths just!

• LDH
    LDH

I am the Regional Manager for a Health Ins Carrier.

This past week one of my brokers asked for my assistance in resolving an eligibility related issue.

To make a long story short, a young couple was married and two months later a baby was born. I asked for evidence of the HIPAA qualifying event so I could make a decision about what to do next.

Imagine my surprise when the marriage license was sent over with the person who performed the ceremony as a JW!

I spoke to the couple in the process of determining some stuff and found that they are active JW.

Anyhow I couldn't care less, but this is the way confidential info could make it across the desk of an 'informant' -- if you are a JW you should know that if you are breaking any rules and leaving a paper trail you are a fool.

In this case she got married, but imagine if it were medical records I requested and I attended her congregation....I could make like hell for her.

Side point--I have mentioned to my physicians that they would do well to make sure their employees are not JW and for this exact reason.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit