Watchtower prediction of religion's demise looking bad

by Cygnus 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Right now at my church we are in a one level office building, it's quite roomy. We have 2 services and are about to start a third in October, which will really be the start of another church. Before I started attending this church they had started a church building fund and were saving up money to buy land. Their goal is 1.2 million and currently have over $650,000. The church already is in the process of buying a tract of land (about 11 acres with the option of 10 more) and hope to have final approval from the city next week. Target date to start building the church is somewhere around 2006. When we finally leave the office building we will leave another church there who mostlikely will go through the same process of finding land and building a church.

In this town alot of new churches first meet in the local schools and after a while they build their own church. I've seen about 3 churches do this during the 3 years that I have been here.

Josie

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

A JW would probably not see this as a problem, or "unfulfilled prophecy". The strengthening/growth of "regular" christianity would only be seen as Babylon gathering its forces for the final battle (or something like that). It`s like with everything else (persecution=end times is really near, members increase=the work is soon done, end is really near etc), their a$$es are covered either way.

• gtj
    gtj

Sounds like you got your reward!

By the way, when they tried to beat the "bleep" out of me, I've got to confess, I beat the "bleep" and then some out of them. You know, it didn't take them too long to learn to leave me alone and keep their smart mouths shut.

My reward? Well my family treats me like a pahriah, my business community still to this day discriminates against me for be a JW. And the Witness community they call me apostate and stay as far away from me as they can get.

And, let me see now, its been 37 years since I was found unfit to talk to. Never a tear and never a look back. I dedicated my self to Jehovah and Jesus Christ, not some religious organization.

Sounds like someone got sold a bill of goods ...

• Cygnus
  • heathen
    heathen

That's a hard prophesy to understand . The UN or leapard beast has not turned on the harlot yet , that I know of anyway but think it could happen any time since alot nations in the UN are moslem . The UN was supposed to attack the whore then go off into destruction leaving the lamb beast or US britain coalition ,which is later destroyed by the in coming kingdom of the heavens. I think the prophesy says it happens in just one day that the great city is destroyed much like ancient babylon was . The WTBTS says that tho babylon was over run by the medes and persians it still functioned as a city for awile afterward .

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Religious enthusiasm is a predictable response to periods of social unrest. The 'demise of religion' predictions seemed especially feasible in the 50s-70s when secularism and science was making grounds against the hoplessly antiquated religious systems. Then the Spaceage gave way to the antiscience NewAge. As a reaction to the losses, religion got better at marketing and found that people wanted the certainties of a simpler time. "Tell me what to believe" replaced "Question authority". The present fad is doomed to cycle back in time, when a few key developments occur. Perhaps the discovery of life in space or the shift in political balance toward China, who knows. Don't worry the human race will get through this ugly period of American zealotry.

• Balsam
    Balsam

When I was disfellowshipped just over 4 years ago, left the area, started a new life I began to look around me. I thought boy there sure are a lot of churches around here in NC. Some of the old ones were being sold as the congregation was working on building a nicer more modern new one. All kinds of churches were really busy as little bees in their Christian outreach programs. I remembered so well how at the KH that we were always told that false religion (all Christian religions) is losing it flock and Churches were on the decline because people were leaving in droves. Well that was apparently so untrue. My hubby and I started going to a few, and low and behold all were totally filled up with lots of people. JW's were not telling the truth. Religion was growing, not decreasing. It is happen all around JW yet they seem not to see all the growth of religion around them.

I don't go now but did enjoy the fellowship of a non-denominational Christian Church and a Unitarian Universalist Church for a period of time and both were growing right out of their buildings. Certainly JW interpetation of Revelations is totally wrong.

Balsam

• heathen
    heathen

I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see all those religions being devoured of their resources . I agree right now it looks as if they are getting more popular even , it's not hard to find a channel on tv even, with churches full of people carrying on praying and singing . I'm not a big fan but occassionally look to see what's going on . I can't stand Pat Robertson , that guy is obviously a fraud . I think alot of these ministers are just plain greedy and are doing just for the money . The catholic church tho is one of the main religions I am looking at to close it's doors for good , because of child molestation of which has put the hurt on them big time and I sure the hell wouldn't give them a dime of my money to bail them out .

• Honesty
    Honesty

Hmmmm, I wonder why.....

For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Lord’s glory, as the waters cover the sea. Hab 2:14 (HCSB)

May the Lord God, the God of Israel, be praised, who alone does wonders. May His glorious name be praised forever; the whole earth is filled with His glory. Amen and amen. Psalms 72:18-19 (HCSB)

Yet as surely as I live and as the whole earth is filled with the Lord's glory. Num 14:21 (HCSB)

And one called to another: Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of Hosts; His glory fills the whole earth. Isaiah 6:3 (HCSB)

No one will harm or destroy on My entire holy mountain, for the land will be as full of the knowledge of the Lord as the sea is filled with water. Isaiah 11:9 (HCSB)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit