Watchtower prediction of religion's demise looking bad

by Cygnus 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Goldman is struck by the surge of religious intensity throughout the world. He mentioned the rise of fundamental Islam in the Middle East, political power of the religious right in America and the dedication to faith of Israeli settlers.

"This is something that is happening on a global basis," Goldman said. "People are thinking more about religion." -- The Buffalo News, 9/21/05

Maybe the scarlet colored wild beast might pick a different target?

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

It's the rise of the King of the North! Or is it the South ... hmm, gotta go check my WT CD on that one!

Kwin

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yeah I think about the prediction every time I see a new church pop up in my town. Oh and my church is building a new church too! Will wonders never cease!

Most of the churches being built here are 2 to 3 times the size of the local kingdom hall here. And are quite active, bible studies, small groups, children's ministry, fish frys, big blow-outs that everyone is welcome to with food, christian music concerts, plays, the list goes on. I've never seen the jws here do any of that stuff - my kids think they are pretty boring.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Same here, in the 5 years since I became a Christian the Pentecostal church I attend has grown. We are planning for a bigger church also. The WT tend to look at the main churches like Church of England and Catholic church and say their numbers are falling. The numbers may be falling, beacuse the people no longer like the way those churches are going, especially the C of E. But people have not left God, they are coming to churches like the one I attend. Or even setting up their own little churches by hiring school halls etc to hold meetings in. There are many small independant churches, many who would put any Kingdom Hall to shame, with the strength of their worship and faith.

• kazar
    kazar

Funny post, Kwin! I love it when this happens.

• joelbear
    joelbear

religion ain't going nowhere fast. its required by the human mind and there's one for everybody no matter what you believe or don't believe.

the human mind may advance some day to be able to accept the realities of life, most or many of which are painful. until then they need an escape valve.

i think it is more likely that religions will destroy the governments of the world rather than vice versa.

and the UN becoming the 8th world power. it has a short window of opportunity, but that is disappearing as China, India and the underdeveloped world are basically losing interest since the US basically ignores most of the UN's advice.

• TD
    TD

You're right, Cygnus. This is not a secular age we're living in.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

1966-67 age 9 we were studing the "Bablylon the Great has fallen God's Kingdom Rules" book it had a dark red cover didn't have the footnoted questions had to use a separate flimsy pamplet that fell apart cause they only used two staples in the binding.

My disabled legally blind mother had to ready the house every tuesday for the 'book study' in our home she had 3 little ones to care for.I would get wacked by my dad for falling asleep during the 'deep study'.

Next morning i would go to school not salute the flag and be a spectacle for not standing for the national anthem or participating in countless taboo school activities."Counsel" my teacher when he erred on anything that that conflicted with my Watchtower indoctrination.Get the bleep beaten out of me in the playground for being a 'stupid jehover'.

Where is my reward?

• Perry
    Perry

I predict that the resurgence of Christianity will continue. Our church has a steady 18% growth rate. Churches are being built all the time in San Antonio.

Perhaps the WT will see the light and start teaching Christ and him crucified? Probably not.

• Perry
    Perry

Danny,

Your life was just like mine!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit