JUST WANTED TO SAY THANX EVERYONE!

by stillAwitness 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• under74
    under74

Glad to hear it!

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Great news! Just remember no one knows what's best for you beside your self.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I'm happy for you. Way to think for yourself!

GBL

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Good for you. And here's a tip ... don't turn down any scholarships, ever. That's free money you know, and you'll feel bad for it later on. I know I did.

Kwin

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

SAW, I didn't see your other thread, but, KUDOS to you, for having the cojones to enroll in college. Just a quick experience from my high school years: I was the only senior in a classroom of freshman, as I was a transfer student during my last year of HS, and couldn't remember for the life of me whether I'd had the particular class (World Civilization) during my previous years. So, I figgered, what the hay, I'll take it just in case. Well, it turned out that I was such a BLESSING and an encouragement for the poor teacher! Mrs. Ruth wrote in my yearbook that I was a support to her during many a freshman moment, and I have always held that quote dear to my heart, as we turned out to be a port in the storm for each other. That was a defining moment for me, in helping me realize that even at that age (16-17) I could be a supportive influence for someone.

Terri

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Hi Stilla -

Welcome to JWD. This is a great site for any issue, not just JW. The fact that we have a common JW link helps us to identify things that we may have missed ourselves. I'm so happy for you that your first time here had such a tremendous boost for you!

Regarding the spit balls - I found that night classes were MUCH better behaved. Often there are different teachers in the evenings, too. I started back to school at age 33 (while working full time to support myself, a child and a mortgage). The teachers seem to have greater respect for the night students because they KNOW that they are there to learn and not just so mom and dad will pay their bills.

Keep up the studies and pop back in here anytime for any reason.

We love our college 'kids'...!!!

-Aude Sapere. (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Knowledge/Wisdom)

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Good for you stillAwitness,

I'm 57 years old, but when I was 17 I signed up for Bethel and also for the community college just in case Bethel didn't call. In a few months Bethel called>

But I got my Bethel education. Six years not wasted. If it weren't for that education, I might still be a JW.

So learn from my experience, and go to college. The WT is right about a college education. It will take you out of the "truth" even faster than a Bethel education. And once you are out, you can get a decent job.

Steve

• bebu
    bebu

You'll never regret it!!

(except during exam weeks!)

bebu

• steve2
    steve2

I'm really happy for you. I wish I had had encouragement to pursue higher education instead of listening to my family, relatives and friends warning me that this was no time to be thinking of a career - back in the late 60s early 70s.

Oh, to have been exposed to some informed opposing views! So, I get a real kick when I hear about the present generation of younger JWs making informed decisions about the pursuit of higher education. Excellent thread!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit