A Story and A Little Bit of Grattitude

by MrsBee 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• MrsBee
    MrsBee

I never was a JW, went to KH a few times as a teenager, didnt feel comfortable with the things said, alot of my associates as an adult were brought up Witnesses, but ya know, were pretty much disowned by their families as adults because they chose not to be JW's.. My husband is a d'fed JW, I knew he had been a JW, but it didn’t even cross my mind that he would go back to them..

Well, a couple of months after we were married ( around September of Last year) This guy started calling our home asking him I guess to come to the KH. I flipped out, I started not talking to him, I was very emotionally distraught over this matter, and then I went from being sad to damn mad, and I would just ignore him, because in my mind I saw this as as something that will break up my marriage (my feelings on that haven’t changed) – While searching the internet trying to find things to “change” his mind about this “religion” something great happened, I started reading the bible and just in general started to feel better as a person “myself” and how it was OK for me to feel how I felt, because I felt like I was bamboozled because as much as I love my husband, I would have thought differently about marriage if I knew he was going to become a witness again.

BUT….. Every once in a while he talks about going to KH, he asked me if I would ever go with him, I always ask why would he want that because, I will never become a witness, he definitely still believes half of their crap (we definitely celebrate holidays round here though J ), I always believed if anything or anyone claimed to be the one and only way of anything it was dangerous. But anyway, lurking on this site for the past few months has helped me understand things, feel more secure in my stance. He and I were high school sweethearts, I joined the military and we were separated for about 10 years found each other again and got married. But he became a witness when he was with a lady in the interim and you know someone who has never had a father or a positive role model or any good friends will fall victim to love bombs and he fell victim, trying to better himself for this female and it just didn’t work out that way.

Enough of my rambling..This site has really done a lot to help me understand some things; SO THANKS!!!! :) one thing I do know is that our son (I am now 9 months and 2 weeks pregnant) will NOT be going to a kingdom hall.

Sorry SO Long!!!!

• kid-A
    kid-A

You sound like a really cool, independent, free thinker! That was an interesting story, keep up the great posts!

• horrible life
    horrible life

Please keep posting, but you can take a week off when your little son is born. We want to know everything, name, weight, hair color, keeping you up all night, or sleeping like and angel. We are all suckers for babies!!!! HL

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Welcome MRS BEE!

And Congrats on the soon to be "little bee" . Wishing you the best with your delivery.

Keep us posted on how things are going with your husband.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Congrats on your soon-to-come baby!!

Could you get your husband to research the WTS? There are some startling things he would learn.

www.freeminds.org

www.silentlambs.org

www.ajwrb.org

www.jwinfo.50megs.com

• Simon
    Simon
    one thing I do know is that our son (I am now 9 months and 2 weeks pregnant) will NOT be going to a kingdom hall.

Congratulations! One of the reasons that we left was that we didn't want to bring up our kids like we had been brought up (as witnesses). It's really great to see them joining in at school and being normal.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Glad you found us and told us about you. Please keep posting. Let us know about the "little one". He/She will have a good life now!

shelley

• MrsBee
    MrsBee

Thanks all for the well wishes for the baby..I hope he comes sooner than later..Im really bored of being pregnant

Rebel8 - My husband is still in that mindstate that he wont read anything that the JW's didnt publish, its really weird thing about him, I mean I love this man with everything inside of me, and I TRY not to let my thoughts of him change because of the way I think of JW's, but sometimes Im like - I CANT BELIEVE YOU BELIEVE THIS CRAP - Makes me sad at times... Im more worried that #1 he is still angry at the way he was D'fed.. But he still believes in the teachings because of the way they made him feel at a very sad and lonely time in his life, what if he tries to go back and he doesnt get the feeling he is looking for. I told him look, u knew I was "wordly" when we got back together so you cant get mad cuz I aint ever about to be a Witness..LOLOL.. He is a VERY strong willed man PERIOD, so when he talks about the "religion" he feels as though he has researched and found to be true what JW's say, that he believes that the NWT is the only right translation of the bible (I read the NIV and we often read the bible together :) ) I mean he tells me not to get my panties in a bunch, you know, we celebrate birthdays and holidays but if he gets back in we wont and that will cause a rift in my family..like he doesnt see it as genuine concern he see's it as satan gettin in my head *snicker* that one tickles me.. Heehee..We may watch football or some other sport and a player will say, I would like to thank GOD and then he will always say, God doesnt bless you in competition, that would mean he chose you over someone else..Im like

I dont bother to argue with him about some of these dumb ass ideologies because Im not well versed enough with the bible to refute the teachings because he will show you a bible verse to back up all of his beliefs , lol. I never had anyone to talk to about this, I mean my mother is an extremist on the other side of the coin (you know the pay your preacher 100 dollars so you can be blessed by GOD 100 times type of religions) so she wouldnt have been unbiased. *sigh* it still almost makes me cry (it could be the hormones from the baby too )

La La La La - Ranting again lololololol...

• blondie
    blondie

Congratulations. Just a note, having grown up in a family where my father was not a JW and my mother was, be sure to get your decisions regarding blood transfusions in regard to your son ironed out legally. I assume you have already.

Blondie

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome and good luck. Keep learning and you never know what information will trigger your hubby.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit