Householder asks JW how much they gave to the Katrina relief effort

by truthseeker 21 Replies latest jw friends

• love11
    love11

My dad told me recently that the Jehovah's Witness Organization is always one step ahead of the rest of the world's religions. He said, "It's like a dog race, where the dogs are always after the rabbit, but can never catch up to the rabbit."

Jesus said, "You will know 'my people' by their fruits."

Catholics have helped people for thousands of years. They have hospitals, missions, soup kitchens, orphanages, and various other charitable contributions to all people, not just catholics. But I wouldn't expect any less from the largest Christian religion in America and maybe even the world. The second largest religion being Lutheran and the third being Baptist.

If the JW Religion is such a "diamond in the rough" among the other religions of the world, then where is their love for others.

They believe in genocide at Armaggeddon, so why would they help these people, whom they feel deserve such a tragedy and are looking forward to the destruction of them?

• Honesty
    Honesty
    The Society has asked all the congregations for help. It is a lie to say they are not helping people and you know it. My congregation sent out $30,000, and another congregation that shares the same hall contributed another $40,000.

I believe you. I just don't believe the WTBTS when they gave me the following information: http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4zk5x/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/watchtower-relief-effort.mp3

• love11
    love11

Honesty- That was AMAZING!!!

I think the reason they are saying to make donations to the "World Wide Work" is so no one comes back at them and say, "Hey! What did you do with my money!" LOL

Anyone who gives to that WWW fund is basically just going to buy themselves a new Kingdom Hall!

I love how the Witnesses use scriptures and business jargons to not help anyone.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    Anyone who gives to that WWW fund is basically just going to buy themselves a new Kingdom Hall!

Don't forget their legal defense fund too, that protects the pure and clean organization from all those victims of child abuse who dare to sue.

Joker, I know many good Jehovah's Witnesses who give freely, but you have to admit that the majority of their giving is for other Jehovah's Witnesses, not for anyone who needs it. And anything going to the WorldWide Work is completely unaccounted for.

Nina

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    However, when I was at the Astrodome, I did see brothers in there looking for other Witnesses.

The news coverage of the Astrodome also showed several Scientologist "ministers" there as well.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    My congregation sent out $30,000, and another congregation that shares the same hall contributed another $40,000.

How much of that will be used to help actual Katrina victims? How much will be used to help non-JW's in the disastor areas? How much will be used to finance a new Branch office in Belgium?

Jesus was indiscriminate in his help to others. The JW's tend to help out only their own. Lets not even get started on the fact that they expect their brothers to pay for the help they recieve, in the form of signing over all insurance monies they recieve to the WTS.

• Joker10
    Joker10
    you have to admit that the majority of their giving is for other Jehovah's Witnesses, not for anyone who needs it.

Do people tend to help strangers more than their friends and family? Of course not? Do you?

The brothers give special attention to their own. My mother, for example, has helped brothers and sisters she didn't know well. Even when the situation was tight, she assisted them. The majority of people wouln't do that. That is unless the people in need are either friends or families. And that is exactly what Witnesses are. 'Brothers".

• kls
    kls

You hit that one right Joker ,,Their Own . Glad the rest of us can see others as People.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    My congregation sent out $30,000, and another congregation that shares the same hall contributed another $40,000.

Don't forget, this money was sent to the "World Wide Work" and not specifically to the people affected by Katrina. The WTS will use this money however they see fit... most likely for their book publishing activities (Gotta sell them books!!!! Advertise! Advertise! Advertise!). When was the last time you saw an independent audit of the "charitable" activities of the Watchtower Society? You can go to the Red Cross website and get one, but you will NEVER see one from the Watchtower Society. You tell me... which one do you think is the crook and which one is willing to be examined?

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Yes JW's do help one another in a crisis even if they don't know the people. They will open their homes and give generously. The PROBLEM is with the donations given to the WWW. It was announced at several meetings to put WWW on the checks, NOT the Katrina Hurricane...that way they can spend the money as they see fit. They will help some of the victims with as LITTLE of that money as possible and the rest is banked for use elsewhere. They encourage the witnesses to get all the govenment assistance that they can first and will then help out in extreme cases. So here is the deal...the friends donate to what they think is a fund to assist victims, then they also give them food, clothing, housing, etc. Wow what a deal for the Watchtower...it's like they make a killing everytime there is a disaster.

There was a family near me that lost their house to a fire. They were not regular attenders at their local church. However, the church raised enough funds to build them a new house, buy them new clothes, furnish the house, and gave them a generous amount of money for incidentals. Have you ever known of the Society to give MONEY to individuals??? Usually, if someone finds themself without funds, they always ask for donations from the friends at their KH...I have never heard of ANYONE receiving a check from the Watchtower Society! Correct me if I am wrong!!!

Swalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit